• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Most Ridiculous Motherboard Naming Ever

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm gonna get aggro on my AMD :rofl:
although just to have "gank machine" is enough to make me want an intel rig....

PS: on a serious note. i think the aggro will have a new chipset not the 990fx...i can't even find a photo or any info about them .....

Last edited:
I want to see some numbers. What does the Gank Machine perform like under LN2 with a pro overclocker going to town on it? Can it break records? With a name like that, you would think so right?

I want to see some numbers. What does the Gank Machine perform like under LN2 with a pro overclocker going to town on it? Can it break records? With a name like that, you would think so right?

I don't think it exactly breaks records... probably more steals records... :rofl:

I have been Ganked. In the early Ultima Online game, 2004? Not fun when your Carpenter with nothing but an axe and not a lot of fightings skills get beset by 5 punks. They gank you and make fun comments. A carpenter gains skills in chopping trees and getting logs then using them to make furniture. He works up his basic axe fighting skills and attack/defense as a side job for the attacking wolves etc that show up. Was very profitable back in the early days. Getting ganked sucked.

Or taking the heavy assed logs and hiding them in a pile, going back for more, then after 2 hours of chopping seeing 3 guys around the pile stealing them. What to do? Run or fight and die and lose everything but your underwear. It gets expensive buying armor and axes.

Was exciting, especially going back with my Warrior and taking them out, at a place of my own choosing.

Last edited:
Lmfao I like those colors and names, never heard of this manufacturer before though.

Prolly goin after the whole MMO PC geek people.

(i.e. me)

Gank just sounds like a really disgusting word lol. I just remembered where I've heard this word from (when friends were teaching me how Dota works), but before I remembered the meaning I was just thinking, what a foul sounding word lol.
Dunno if anyone else thinks this but the board's name sounds like a joke lol

never heard of this manufacturer before

Think of ECS like ASRock and Biostar. Years ago, they were piles of feces. Now they're pretty decent boards for low- to mid-range systems. This is the first I've seen ECS attempt the high-end segment, though.

#2 got me. . lol KILLSTEAL. Reminded me of a certain Wolvar in Sholazar Basin. Are they really naming board this? lol

Z

Think of ECS like ASRock and Biostar. Years ago, they were piles of feces. Now they're pretty decent boards for low- to mid-range systems. This is the first I've seen ECS attempt the high-end segment, though.

Biostar? I thought Biostar just made crappy low-low-low-hideously-low-end motherboards for Dells and the like. They make good stuff now? Enthusiast quality?

Hell, I dont have a problem with the motherboards naming. It makes an impression and its memorable. Brilliant marketing really.

Well, when looking at the specs, these board don't look bad (12 Power Phases, good quality PCB...)

Let's give them a chance, no?

Well, when looking at the specs, these board don't look bad (12 Power Phases, good quality PCB...)

Let's give them a chance, no?
Certainly... The beef here is only with the naming convention. :)

Biostar makes some decent boards. Keep an eye out on the front page for a review of their hi-fi z87x 3d board. ;)

I must admit that 'gank' in the naming is eye-catching, fairly unique, memorable. Which for marketing purposes is the whole idea. "XTreme" and all the other adjectives (Ultra, Super, Max, Hyper) have gotten annoying they're so overused. My 2 cents.

Back