• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Most Ridiculous Motherboard Naming Ever

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well with the amount of noobs playing league of legends seeing a motherboard named gank is probably a good marketing swing tbh. kind of like when all the kids were flocking to buy the g1 sniper.

well with the amount of noobs playing league of legends seeing a motherboard named gank is probably a good marketing swing tbh. kind of like when all the kids were flocking to buy the g1 sniper.

Maybe all this wow generation who moved to other games lately will buy it but no one who knows hardware will even look at ECS. It simply has very long history of failed products.

Maybe all this wow generation who moved to other games lately will buy it but no one who knows hardware will even look at ECS. It simply has very long history of failed products.

TBH if i was gonna buy a new mobo, i might consider ECS.

ive actually considered using them a couple times, not for any of my main builds but for like my htpc and stuff like that.

I cant get an ECS motherboard here in Denmark, but it would be fun to see how they are compared to others.

Z87 boards i only a get a choice between AsRock, Asus, Gigabyte and MSI. Short list, too short to be honest. Ok, EVGA is on there too, but only with ITX board.

I'm just not convinced to ECS since I was working in distribution and we stopped selling ECS boards because of too high RMA rate. Some series had like 30% RMA or 10%+ faulty boards during PC production ( like DOA ).
Now it's maybe better but for some reason most bigger distributors in Europe are not selling them.
I can't say anything about ECS in last year as noone is selling them and I had no chance to test it. However I can make review of new ECS board if anyone wish to send me one ;)

Back