• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard backplate help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zatrix

no one helped me there so maybe you guys can

im getting a new case and i want to put my motherboard from my gateway comp in it. the back plates are different. can i take the back plate off my new case and take off my back plate of my gateway case and put it on the new case. how do i get the back plate of my gateway case off?

what are you calling back plate? the cpu heatsink plate that is on the back of the mb that supports the heatsink?

I think he means the insert in the back of the case that frame all the ports of the motherboard. If he is, Im not sure it can be done at all due to the motherboard being a propriatory Gateway unit.

AC

well i put my p3 gateway in a modern case without problems, the mb screws didnt all line up but as far as the "backplate"- (I/O Shield plate) i did have some open holes and it didnt line up perfect but as long as the cords all plug in you should be fine.
as i remember mine wasnt the prettiest on the back side but it worked fine.

yes he means the I/O shield...most of them pop off or screw off. and MOST of the time are interchangeable on cases. good luck with it.

Back