• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard Beeping, Won't turn on

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tedmann12

Registered
Hi all,

My computer was fine last night, and when I went to turn it on this morning it started beeping and no display came through.

It is 1 long beep, followed by 2 short beeps, and it continues like that.

I tried putting in my old GPU, and it was the same thing.

I have an ASUS Prime Z270M-Plus.

I googled that it may be a RAM thing, I tried reseating the same a couple times and the same thing. My RAM is faily new, it is Corsair Vengeance 16 gigs (2 8 gig sticks).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cpu issue look on board for burned capacitors or anything fishy. Remove cpu and cooler check socket and cpu if its nothing on them or board put all back and try to reset BIOS it might help. Try using different ram sockets

I took out CPU and cooler, everything seemed fine.

I tried ram in different sockets, still does the same thing.

I can't even get to BIOS because my monitor won't display anything.

It just keeps doing this beeping. I feel like faulty RAM or motherboard? So weird it has worked fine for about 2 months now.

- - - Updated - - -

So according to my motherboard http://ddr4motherboard.com/beepcodes/ASUS-PRIME-Z270M-PLUS it says this beeping means no memory detected...

Do you think this is a RAM issue or motherboard issue?

Try one stick of memory in each slot. If no post try the other stick in each slot.

I tried that too.

I just ordered new RAM and a NEW Motherboard, gonna try each and see if either fixes the problem and return unneeded parts.

Most likely it's the motherboard but seems like we have had an unusual number of late model Intel CPUs go bad on the forum lately.

I just don't get why a motherboard would go bad like that so randomly. Everything is roughly 2.5 months old.

I hope its not my CPU, but I heard generally when it is CPU you don't hear any beeps?

I just don't get why a motherboard would go bad like that so randomly. Everything is roughly 2.5 months old.

I hope its not my CPU, but I heard generally when it is CPU you don't hear any beeps?

It depends on motherboard for example it beeped like mad in my GF-s old computer and it was cpu no screen nothing, but in my old machine wouldn't even power up probably took another part with it. RMA what you can and then try. Have you tried to unplug everything from back of the case and pull out COMOS battery wait few minutes then put it back?

Different count and order of beeps means different things

AsRock had issues like this on my i7 3770k rig. Only had two good working slots.

Its also not impossible the memory controller bit the dust either. I've had this problem on AMD processors from some really high HT (hyper transport) clocks around 4ghz and more...

Back