• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard painting?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
isn't your MB all black?

I'm doing this for an old build, trying to snazz-up the old hardware.

The motherboard I'm doing is almost identical to this

axs96AMI63RPUC2kF2sj3BEwpCbP-PNlanEKqwKTkGSNgU916ZwUTv243ihQ5Eick31rwAZqHrshxX4PqzK_lUBkAkTdFT_fl0-ZJ0UQa2EwLo4vozz9K1eQCMQs7Vh_30WRMJQcI60s-gruVr3HZ9DYO-pCYj25Limr2zh5MfKUUFNvvhHJgl2e3eXwPWrH6UyftOy2bpbuBHcfb7a3vxNfDgkP4xIq8Y0Pz5pI3M3VLhV5acl1DmZWxdKa4bNUbAn6_NgT86N2CwVvspsAjyvM0WGaAWjnu_JOVBIymg0

isn't your MB all black?

No, it's dark brown. :D

I was going by this:

Yeah.. The most I'll do to that board(The one i'm currently using) is liquid cool it once full-cover blocks would be available. (Which they probably won't)

But no, I'm doing this to an old system..
Since I have multiple old systems, should I just try it to see if it works, then move on to another board and see if that works? Then finally do the one I'm aiming for?

Yeah.. The most I'll do to that board(The one i'm currently using) is liquid cool it once full-cover blocks would be available. (Which they probably won't)

But no, I'm doing this to an old system..
Since I have multiple old systems, should I just try it to see if it works, then move on to another board and see if that works? Then finally do the one I'm aiming for?

i would try the old one first then try the next and then the one you want

i was thinking of the same thing so you have to post pics if you do it

Any spray enamel paint is non-conductive, save for the german silver metalflakes like testors and House of Kolors uses.

As far as I know, they used to use it in many of their metallic colors, but that description doesn't specifically say like it used to. Their candy base spray said it plainly on the front of the can when I did an RC 4X4 in candy burgundy.
Personally I'd stay away from any flake paint just to be sure, though a pearl should be fine, as that is not metal.
Kind of overkill really for a mother board anyway...

As far as I know, they used to use it in many of their metallic colors, but that description doesn't specifically say like it used to. Their candy base spray said it plainly on the front of the can when I did an RC 4X4 in candy burgundy.
Personally I'd stay away from any flake paint just to be sure, though a pearl should be fine, as that is not metal.
Kind of overkill really for a mother board anyway...

Yes, it's overkill, but that's the entire idea.

:p

Cool.
I'd just like you to note, nothing conducts a 100% so everything on the board puts out some heat..thus the recommendation to use the grill paint. I'd use the purty stuff on the slots and things and let the flat black shed heat (no primer) off the motherboard itself. If you go loading multiple coats of paint on the components you might end up smoking something--but I guess that's what test boards are for, eh?--boldly going where no geek has gone before! :D

So, did you ever manage to get this done?

No, I've been really broke lately.
I've been too worried about college savings and car insurance.
Work also cut my hours. :rain:

I haven't had a ton of expendable money.
BUT, as soon as I get my old computer sold I'll be starting my liquid cooling project. Located here: Link

Well like they say. When it rains it pours. I hope you get your finances sorted out man:) School is for sure more important! Good job getting those priorities in check:D

Back