• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard Speaker

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rk15000

Registered
Hello Everyone,

You may call me old fashioned, but I am a user who likes to be able to hear a system POST, as well as any motherboard errors that occur. :p

I noticed that when I got my NZXT M59 case it did not include a case speaker.

My question is, can I just buy any old soundcard and load up some drivers? Or do I need the special 4 pin cables to plug into the front panel header on the motherboard? I have looked for these cables online, and I can't buy them anywhere?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

i love that sound too :D you can get oem lian li 4 pin speakers from performance pcs, im sure that little thing wont cost that much to ship ;)

Thanks Everyone for your help!

Thank you for that site TheQuadFather. I can't believe that they sell those...the shipping is more than the actual cost. They should just give them out like candy, but of course nothing is free in this world :). I ordered one and it should be coming in a couple of days.

Back