• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

motherboard support and DDR4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This motherboard has the best memory support and your memory is compatible with probably every motherboard on the market. I was testing 2x16GB Sport LT memory but on X370 Prime and it was working without issues at 2666.
On the other hand if you think about switching to Ryzen then I'm not sure if it's good idea if you have rig as in sig. I mean you won't really see the difference and in 2-3 months will be new Ryzens and new motherboards.

ok..so the motherboard came in today. WIll i run into any issues if i do a straight motherboard swap? e.g take all my parts including hdd with os (m.2) and swap it to new motherboard?

ok..so the motherboard came in today. WIll i run into any issues if i do a straight motherboard swap? e.g take all my parts including hdd with os (m.2) and swap it to new motherboard?

If you're switching from the X99 to the X370 then you should uninstall any motherboard/chipset etc.. drivers and software related to the MSI board before you move the drives over to the AMD system. It'll likely be OK but personally with a change that significant I would re-install Windows and start from the ground up

If you're switching from the X99 to the X370 then you should uninstall any motherboard/chipset etc.. drivers and software related to the MSI board before you move the drives over to the AMD system. It'll likely be OK but personally with a change that significant I would re-install Windows and start from the ground up

Never really had to do all that. Today windows 10 sorts it all out for you. My current X79 system is an OS drive I first updated from Win 7 in my first X99 setup. I then moved that SSD to my Z170 Skylake which I later dumped for another X99. When I sold that, the drive went to my X79. I'm also using a clone of that drive in my current Z370 setup but only after using it in an H110 HP mini computer for about 6 months. So I move drives all around all the time without any de-installing of drivers, or clean installs of Windows. I've also had no issues going back and forth between AMD and nVidia video cards which I do whenever the mood strikes. To reactivate, I just purchase an OEM license on ebay for $5 or so.

RE: windows installs across chipsets... One can usually get away with it, but its simply much better to do a fresh install in most cases. Prevents any trouble down the road with conflicts. Ive done it successfully to, a lot, but do not recommend doing so.

It's probably mostly supported whatever it is anymore? telling ya though need to get up to that 3466-3600mhz area that is benchmaster man, still kinda noticeable up to that point, honestly id see no reason for the crazier 4ghz+ stuff.
who are you talking to? What post?

Thanks everyone! I am going to wake up tomorrow early and tackle this project.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh..i run Windows 10 Enterprise {latest build} unsure if I will have license issues.

Back