• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mouse suddenly won't work on Mouse Pad???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sorry to bring back a dead thread but what actually fixed my logitech mouse was going into my logitech drivers and retunning the mouse for my mousepad. Don't worry i know how dumb it sounds. My problem wasn't the entire mousepad it was this top middle part of it( i have a pretty big mousepad) that specific 3-4 cm spot was a dead spot as soon as my mouse hit it it would stutter like there was no tomorrow made gaming really hard especially in shooters where u need a low dpi. Welp hope this helps someone.

I have discovered the issue (and you can too!)

So I took my Steelseries mousepad and my Logitech G700 mouse with me along with my laptop for a work trip so I could play some games. I've this setup on my main computer for 2 years now. Zero issues.

I arrive here and the mouse won't track properly on the mouse pad. If I use it on the hard desk, its fine, but on the mouse pad it freaks out and stutters and barely moves at all.

This doesn't even make any sense??? Could it be be possible that the Airport xray machines damaged the mouse laser somehow? Like I said, I've used this EXACT mousepad and mouse together for the past 2 years without any issues.
I've downloaded the latest driver just in case as well, but no luck.

Any other ideas?

Okay... so this has been an issue for me off and on over the years through several different mouse pads... I have never spent much time thinking about it until I came across this message. I believe I know the answer...

So mine as well will work on the surface of the desk. But when I lift the mousepad and try that surface, it still does not work. If I go to a surface in another area it will work, and it will work on the mousepad on that different area as well...

I realized there was some interference from the position my mouse is normally at, and the USB dongle... So I moved the USB dongle to a usb hub closer to my mouse, and it worked. I Have not had that issue since. It may also only happen when the battery is getting weak, and cannot handle the interference as much. But when I put it on a higher surface with less interference between dongle and mouse, then the low battery doesnt affect it as much perhaps? Anyway I am confident this is the issue in some way for everyone.

Sorry to bring back a dead thread but what actually fixed my logitech mouse was going into my logitech drivers and retunning the mouse for my mousepad. Don't worry i know how dumb it sounds. My problem wasn't the entire mousepad it was this top middle part of it( i have a pretty big mousepad) that specific 3-4 cm spot was a dead spot as soon as my mouse hit it it would stutter like there was no tomorrow made gaming really hard especially in shooters where u need a low dpi. Welp hope this helps someone.

Well I have the exact same issue. It is not wireless interference since the problem occurs wired and I tried the earbud method to clean the lens that Madara suggested but it didn't seem to bring any dirt out and there was no behaviour change.

What do you mean by "retunning". Could you provide some more detail?

Well I have the exact same issue. It is not wireless interference since the problem occurs wired and I tried the earbud method to clean the lens that Madara suggested but it didn't seem to bring any dirt out and there was no behaviour change.]

Same issue starting 2 days ago with a Reddragon Perdition Laser Mouse, I have been using since more than a year and more than 6 months on same black mouse pad. the tracking ofhand movements is very irregular on that mouse pad, first I clean the sensor area of the mouse , on windows desktop it seemed to move normally but not in PUBG, but after a while did not respond fast moves anywhere. I updated software and drivers from brand web page. but no result. On my Laptop using a orange carboard it seems to respond fine, but when I get back to my PC and black mouse pad same issue, and it seems to get worse with every intents. On laptop I did not install any special drivers for this mouse and good response. Both PC and Laptop run Windows 10.

I am lost , my old Microsoft sidewinder mouse works perfect with my PC and black mouse pad. Very odd, I uninstall Mouse in device manager in case it was a conflict after win10 update with common mouse drivers.

Any other suggestion beside black magic!

Are you kidding me, darn all of you have this issue. Good thread to start no need to say sorry. Were talking about mouse pads or mouse ? Just use a cotton mouse pad and if problem persists RMA to Logitech they are very good with that. Been with them over 20 years.. You RMA your product and they send you a brand new one and you don't even have to send back the messed up one. Me and I know others same thing. You open RMA if they say send it back or anything ignore it. In a couple days you will receive your new product and don't need to return the other ; they don't ask for it.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Well I have the exact same issue. It is not wireless interference since the problem occurs wired and I tried the earbud method to clean the lens that Madara suggested but it didn't seem to bring any dirt out and there was no behaviour change.]

Same issue starting 2 days ago with a Reddragon Perdition Laser Mouse, I have been using since more than a year and more than 6 months on same black mouse pad. the tracking ofhand movements is very irregular on that mouse pad, first I clean the sensor area of the mouse , on windows desktop it seemed to move normally but not in PUBG, but after a while did not respond fast moves anywhere. I updated software and drivers from brand web page. but no result. On my Laptop using a orange carboard it seems to respond fine, but when I get back to my PC and black mouse pad same issue, and it seems to get worse with every intents. On laptop I did not install any special drivers for this mouse and good response. Both PC and Laptop run Windows 10.

I am lost , my old Microsoft sidewinder mouse works perfect with my PC and black mouse pad. Very odd, I uninstall Mouse in device manager in case it was a conflict after win10 update with common mouse drivers.

Any other suggestion beside black magic!

What version drivers do you have ? Latest 64 bit ones ? Completely uninstall current drivers then get latest gaming software from www.logitech.com and give her a whirl. If it doesn't work read my above message. If you can't find the driver let me know. good luck

Fixed it! This was fixed by applying the "Surface tuning" thing on Logitech Driver Software to "Factory default".

I found that if a get a lot of snack food dust on the mousepad or if the mousepad isn't perfectly flat (something like pot holes) you can have problems.

Fixed it! This was fixed by applying the "Surface tuning" thing on Logitech Driver Software to "Factory default".

I have the same issue but i cant find the Surface tuning thing in the logitech driver software
My mouse is a logitech g700s

Welp ran into this issue last night mid battlefield 5 game... G600.. won't track on my razer goliathus mouse pad anymore.. but on my black desk it tracks... Tried another mousepad same issue. It jitters and struggles to track.

I am going to uninstall the drivers and try again. Also i tried my g402 and that works fine on all surfaces..... Just want my g600 to work on y huge mousepad

Welp ran into this issue last night mid battlefield 5 game... G600.. won't track on my razer goliathus mouse pad anymore.. but on my black desk it tracks... Tried another mousepad same issue. It jitters and struggles to track.

I am going to uninstall the drivers and try again. Also i tried my g402 and that works fine on all surfaces..... Just want my g600 to work on y huge mousepad

I am stupid and thought that i had cleaned the laser, but i had not been thorough enough with it, so i cleaned it again with a tiny broom, it worked like a charm

Possible Solution for a non-fixable sensor only tracking on hard surfaces.
So i made this account just to dig this thread up for future googler's.

I have had the exact same issue, suddenly during DM in CSGO my mouse flicked up and didn't work on my soft pad. Later i tried on my table and it worked 95% i'd say, (Probably due to scratches etc in the table)
I have tried everything down to disassemblying the mouse completely and even cutting loose the transparent plastic part on the sensor to clean it with ISO Alcohol to no avail.
Tonight however i found a thread on ifixit regarding the same issue on Magic Mouse 2's and the solution posted by one and confirmed by others was to drop the mouse from some height. I thought why not and slammed it to my table. Whala and it works.

Possible Solution for a non-fixable sensor only tracking on hard surfaces.
So i made this account just to dig this thread up for future googler's.

I have had the exact same issue, suddenly during DM in CSGO my mouse flicked up and didn't work on my soft pad. Later i tried on my table and it worked 95% i'd say, (Probably due to scratches etc in the table)
I have tried everything down to disassemblying the mouse completely and even cutting loose the transparent plastic part on the sensor to clean it with ISO Alcohol to no avail.
Tonight however i found a thread on ifixit regarding the same issue on Magic Mouse 2's and the solution posted by one and confirmed by others was to drop the mouse from some height. I thought why not and slammed it to my table. Whala and it works.

(obligatory "only signed up here to post this")

This is gold you guys! I mean, I've had this issue on and off with my Roccat Kone XTD and I found this guide in 2021. I know, right?
Reading this I decided against dropping my mouse from a height, instead, holding it in one hand like normally I whacked it against my other hand as if I was clapping hard. Did it twice.

IT. FUNKY. WORKED.

I'm not even mad.
I think the culprit is that the mouse had dual sensor and falls back on the other one that doesn't work on particular surfaces. Whacking it perhaps repositions the lens to where it supposed to be and focuses the laser properly? I dunno, I'm guessing.

Good luck y'all in future, hope that there's no WWIII or another virus that destroyed y'all. But this... this thread is now protected by an Intergalactic Archive of Knowledge and Stuff.

Back