• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Moving boot manager to different Partition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

r2dak

hi Everyone I've installed Windows 7 in on my Laptop its on C: Drive
but the boot manager is on the D: Drive, now the problem is that when ever i do a Fresh Windows Install the D: Drive Gets Disappears so every time I've to go to the disk Management and then assign a a drive letter to it then it reappears on the my computer :bang head

can you tell me how can i move boot manager to C: drive :)

ps: Sorry about my English its not my first language if you have any confusions about my question Please let me know :D

Last edited:
hi tried the program it only has option to create new boot managers
it does not have move or delete options any ideas ???

I'm not quite sure what you want to do ? Is there a operating system on D: or is it just a partition ? You can assign which drive to boot first in boot manager, just assign which ever drive you want to boot first.

Never Mind Found it
and select change boot drive then click on Perform action
it will pop up a drive selection window select the drive on which windows is install (in my case c:\) then click on ok

it will create new Boot manager on C:\

then delete old boot managers files, restart all done

I'm not quite sure what you want to do ? Is there a operating system on D: or is it just a partition ?

no there was no OS on D: it is just a partition somehow boot manger was moved from c:\ to D:\ which was causing the problems(it used to hide my whole D:\ partition )
so i created a new boot manger on c:\ from that program you suggest and then deleted the the one which was on D:\

thank you very much for the software

Back