• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mozilla? Is it worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think you guys took the "'Nuff said" comment the wrong way- I meant 'Nuff said from me, not from you.

Happy Trails!

itshondo said:
I think you guys took the "'Nuff said" comment the wrong way- I meant 'Nuff said from me, not from you.

Happy Trails!

I suppose I did take it the wrong way,

You can say that Opera is the best browser for you, but saying it is the best, is what I was commenting about, and the Nuff said comment was a comment of claiming the superiority Opera, over other browsers in General, not saying that it is your favorite browser.

xace said:
I just downloaded mozilla, and It is awesome! Never will I go back to Internet explorer :D

don't say Never,

I read today about WIndows XP SP2, and it has made some changes to IE, including a built in Pop up blocker.

In my opinion, Opera is the best browser I have ever used and it is my favorite as well.

Gotta put the kids to bed, you fellas have fun tonight!

Last edited:
i havnet used mozilla/mz-fb on windows

but they are very fast on linux-- not to mention i love the pop-up blocking and tabbed browsing of firebird

deRusett said:

don't say Never,

I read today about WIndows XP SP2, and it has made some changes to IE, including a built in Pop up blocker.

The google toolbar blocks popups too.

btw, I use Opera. I've tried all the browsers mentioned so far. Might try Firebird again some time.

DayUSeX said:

um i love opera, and saying 'nuff said is really ignorant/arrogant and gives us opera lovers a bad name plz dont do it... again..

back to the point (last paragraph wanst aimed at you crashoveride). Opera renders the fastest out of any browswer. As far as bulky and slow I know what you mean, when im folding/rendering/playing some mp3's all at once, opera does tend to bogg down, but then again i always have about 15-20 tabs open at once so that is understandable. I fail to see how it is buggy. The worst "bug" i have seen is not rendering CSS correctly in certain instances, and that is it is off by two pixels, whoopy dee doo, it hasnt ruined my inet experaince at all that bug. As far as ugly have you skinned it?? Im using the blue button skin and it is gorgeous!!! Give opera another go you will love it!

Well it does render pages fast, but I cant take the slowdown, I always have 15-30 tabs up and hardly notice a differnce in firebird (this is running trillian, foobar, mbm dashboard, DC++, Burst bit torrent client, And some other background stuff (and folding of course!). That and for the couple of few moths that I used Opera exculsivly I notices that the stats bar would cover or be coverd by the bottom scrol bar, somtimes the side windows would pop up weird, it would simply crash, there was some problem were t would just randomly start taking up 100% cpu usage until I ended task. That combinded with it just being slow and some of hte awkward tabbing stuff with windows... But I must say it does have just about every preferance setting for gettings stuff to work... oh and then you have to pay for it - it's not THAT good.

deRusett said:

don't say Never,

From what I have heard not even the longhord IE has tabbed browsing or mouse guestures...

CrashOveride said:

From what I have heard not even the longhord IE has tabbed browsing or mouse guestures...

oh how I hope what you heard is correct :p

I hate tabbed Browsing, though we have gone over this in a past thread you and I :p

And there is an Add on for IE to allow for mouse gestures for the unfortunate people who don't have programmable mouse keys.

what I would love to see from a Browser would be a "smart" Favorites/bookmarks feature.

which would list your Favorites as Windows XP's Start menu lists programs, by your most frequent usage,

I would also like it to pick up on sites I visit, if I go to google every day, but it is not in my favorites, I would like my favorites to have the option for suggested favorites that the browser sees you visit often with out bookmarking.

A built in Spell checker, all of these add ons are a pain, give me an integrated one.

Another wonderful feature that would make me like Tabbed Browsing would be a Multi homepage, setting a number of tabs to have there own homepage, so when you start up the Browser you have say 5 tabs open each with the homepages of your choice, the browser would open the first site, on Tab 1, then each tab after that in succession, so you get your first page loaded at top speed, while you read the news, your next destination is already contacted and loading

A smart favorite section would be neat, as long as you could make it invisible if you watned... and I remember the tab stuff now, as for programmable keys, I like just flicking my wrist to change pages.

Try the latest version of Opera it is alot more stable then before, i really like it alot more. ANd i pay for gaems all the time, 50 bucks for 10 hours of entertainment, yeh opera keeps my browsing experiance happy for well a really long time, just give it a try!!

yes and teh adds arnt even that annoying. I noticed when i way trying out opera, that my add blockign software did block their adds, if you really are cheap. But if you are anythign like me you end up buying 3 copies in about amonth of use.

3 Computers, 3 Copies, why scam from the people who make the product you love so much, put the cash in there pockets so they can make your product even better

Ok since i started this thread LOL

I thought id stop back and ask some questions before i DL mozilla 1.6 finale. Ok I use outlook. It says that mozilla has an email client, so does this mean i can scrap outlook and use mozillas client? Is it just like outlook? meaning pop3 and smtp?

Also, What do i do to make mozilla my default browser? Can i set it to be used like IE, Like when i hit a link in Email from replies here mozilla will launch and take me here? Those are just a few questions id like help with if you all dont mind.

Thanks for all the info. BTW, i tried opra or whatever that is, about a year ago, And it did not impress me at all. But hey, thats just me i guess.

To each his own i guess.

Harry

Mozilla will ask you upon first launch if you would like it to be your default Browser,

I don't use Mozilla out side of Linux so I can't tell you anything about its mail feature. I don't think Mozilla firebird has one, which is the Browser I am using right now.

This is fantastic

Once all the plugins are installed this browser is the bomb!

Very fast and VERY customizable!! And i can trash outlook now WoooHoooo!! Love the email client too.

Harry

Back