• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI 165 strap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

squeekydoor

Hey,
I was wondering if anyone has any experience overclocking with MSI oc boards and specifically the 165 or 167 clock strap. I am unable to find anyone that has used this strap to achieve higher clocks. In theory it should allow for much higher potential but I have yet to see anyone use them.

Thanks
Squeekydoor

P.S. Sorry if repost will remove

Barely anyone is using 167 strap because it's not really helping in anything. Maximum CPU and memory clock can be achieved at 125 bclk which is much easier to set on some motherboards.

Barely anyone is using 167 strap because it's not really helping in anything. Maximum CPU and memory clock can be achieved at 125 bclk which is much easier to set on some motherboards.

Sorry just want some clarification

you know someone that has tried pushing a cpu and ram at the 167 strap and have had no success at getting higher potentials even with lower multipliers.

Thanks
Squeekydoor

sorry if this was rude

Back