• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI G41M-E43 USB/Audio Failure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlackJack10

The problems just keep coming and coming, don't they?

So, I recently moved my setup into a new case, and ever since then I've been having problems with the USB and Onboard Audio. Basically the 4 Front Panel USB ports and the Onboard Audio have completely failed; nothing receives power and nothing is recognized within Windows or Linux. Drivers have been updated, Windows has been re-installed and updated, still nothing. Any suggestions?

Bake it. :cool: It's an older board and probably has cycled on/off a number of times by now. This isn't the only answer you'll receive but for a couple of different things to go wrong after jiggling it around makes me think that micro-cracks have developed in the board's soldering.

Bake it. :cool: It's an older board and probably has cycled on/off a number of times by now. This isn't the only answer you'll receive but for a couple of different things to go wrong after jiggling it around makes me think that micro-cracks have developed in the board's soldering.

It's interesting how only the front-panel stuff has failed. Everything else is working just fine, including power/reset and the accompanying LEDs. I'll bake it, see how it goes.

Baked it, same exact issue. Front-Panel USB and Onboard Audio are not working.

Back