• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI GK-601 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGoat Eater

Registered
I got this keyboard a few weeks ago but have not had too much time to use it since I have been moving and was in the hospital. I use it with my MSI GT60 0NE-403US gaming notebook :) . I love the weight of the keyboard so it will stay in place when I am using it. The rubber feet really do a good job of gripping, and even when the rear feet are opened they are keeping it in one place. The cord is very nice looking - being sheathed entirely with USB. mic, and speaker/headphone plugs. The keyboard has female speaker, mic, and 2 USB. The backlight on the keyboard is bright but not overly so, as to distract me. The Cherry Red switches are very nice and definitely seem to make my typing faster for some reason (maybe since its more of a tactile feeling coupled with the size of the keyboard). You can use the software for the keyboard to set up macros (but not required for standard use :) ), and I forgot to say that the backlight has four modes, but I have been using this with just a standard bright full keyboard light. I was pleased that there were media keys on the board ( need to use the function key, but still good).
I enjoyed using the board with battlefield 4 beta and some menial games like Torchlight II. I am currently in my mother's house while I wait to get into my house on Saturday but while here she has used it and wants to get one lol. So I am thinking that this one would be a good choice for her at work even. Since there is a $20 MIR on it at newegg with a free mousepad I may scoop it up for her. I may go with the black/blue model that has no backlight for her though. Is anyone else using this ?

Pics coming soon - in the process of moving
Edit: $79.99 after MIR @ Newegg

Took some pics :)

pgrl.jpg

9gqa.jpg

1wmu.jpg

jg9y.jpg

0qle.jpg

Back