• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI K7N2G-ILSR Nforce2 Mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
New BIOS

I am pretty sure I came across a new bios for this board. Has anyone tried it yet? Also, for those of you who have upgraded your BIOS, do you really need to jump through all of the hoops like they say and not load the bios directly from a floppy, or can I just use the floppy like normal? Thanks!

I think found it too! Version 1.3? I just installed it. I always use a DOS boot disk, and do an AWDFLASH from there. It's always worked for me so far.

Haven't noticed much new yet; they seem to have fixed the temp readout for one thing. Went from 65C to 35C. Doesn't want to boot at 180FSB, I'm stuck at 175 for now for some reason. V1.1 is still the best one for me so far.

Yah, I think I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed with this board. Mayeb it'll get better, but if not it's still pretty good.

Your OC didn't go down did it? I am starting to wonder if I should unOC my baord before I try this, I am not really sure. I just wonder if it would save me trouble, oh well who knows. I will try it in a few minutes!!! Wish me luck!

I have seen the top of the mountain, and it is good. It is so good to see real temperatures again, it has been a long time and it just makes you feel better, you know? Also, I got my overclock back to the same place, but since it recognizes more processors, it says my 2500+ is a 3200+. Ahh, life is good!

totally, realistic temps are just a huge weight off my shoulders :D Glad to hear you're liking it too.

My total mhz OC didn't go down but my max FSB did. Having huge troubles with it not booting, as always, and I don't want to mess with it. I'll try and crank it more tomorrow.

Good luck! I am hoping that you can get it back up there, and if not, hopefully the NEXT bios update will hold the solution for all of our overclocking needs. I just hope MSI keeps the updates coming!

I am reworking my OC because it wasn't stable the last time as it turns out, and because of this I got thinking about dividers. I haven't seen any dividers in the bios, just things to change the memory speed in reference to the fsb, but I don't think that is one...is it? I am wondering if I was unstable because I got my other PCI devices too high. Any idea?

Back