• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum (MS-7025) Guide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Zebbo said:
Do anyone have experience about 2.5x HT Frequency or lower? Have you got it working or not?
Yes. During my first Prime run using v1.30 I used 1x HTT. It booted and primed without issue.

You might want to consider updating the first post to add that there is a modded BIOS (Trats). I believe that it is available on the page that you linked for the beta BIOS, as well as in a seperate thread in this section of the Forum.

tacobell said:
As Zebbo said, I´m having problems with HT multiplier below 3x, anything below that it won´t post, max fsb here 335x7. Need 2.5x multiplier to go higher

I've tested out and noticed that half multipliers on HT Frequency has some issues to work, so try 2x instead of 2.5x and you should be good to go.

Reefa_Madness said:
You might want to consider updating the first post to add that there is a modded BIOS (Trats). I believe that it is available on the page that you linked for the beta BIOS, as well as in a seperate thread in this section of the Forum.

Yeah, I'm aware of that, but it's not added since I don't know anyone who had tried it out. As soon as Sen tries it I'ma add it to the #1 post :)

Zebbo said:
I've tested out and noticed that half multipliers on HT Frequency has some issues to work, so try 2x instead of 2.5x and you should be good to go.

Already tested that, no go.

Any multiplier below 3x won´t post.. Now I´m waiting to if I´ll get a winchester or not.

Great guide, vote for sticky!

Q: I have SATA-drive connected to SATA port 1/2, others seems to have much better overclocking results with same system?
A: SATA ports 1/2 are not directly connected to chipset like 3/4 so the "AGP/PCI lock" do not effect to ports 1/2

THIS SAVED MY BUTT! Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else. If you have SATA and cant go above around 240FSB, this is probably why! :)

Flashing 1.41 BIOS now.

Hi

spec: neo2/3200 winchester/xms3200xl pro

Cpu clocked to 2.4ghz (it'll go higher as well but im just wondering). Done this by locking memlock to 133 and upping the fsb to 240, but my memory is running at 160mhz (so it says by cpuz).

What im wondering is why i can up the fsb this much when setting the memlock to auto (or even 200 which is its rated speed). It just crashes.

Auto & 200 memlock will get to 210 fsb. 166 memlock will get to 230 fsb and my prediction with 133 memlock is that it will get higher than 245 fsb. Im wondering why i have to run the memory at a slow speed (160mhz) to up the fsb even though the memory is said to be stable up to and beyond 250mhz?

Am i overclocking correctly?

TIA

The memory is corsair xms3200xl pro. It's running in dual channel but i dont know what chips they are. The speed is rated as ddr400. Do you have any ideas?

got my winchester 64 3000+ up to 2.5 ghz (277 x 9) on the msi neo2 plat.
I was wondering, which temps should i trust: SisSoft Sandra or MSI's Core Center? Sandra reports temps a consistent 4 C under Core Center (at idle, Sandra says 38 C, Core Center says 42 C, and on 100% load from P95, Sandra says 48 C, Core Center says 52 C.)

Also, what other programs can i use to stress test for stability, besides p95 and f@h and sandra? I want one where i can read cpu temp while its going.

Do not use FAH for testing stability. Its cruching those work units, and if the machine is unstable, you might get strange results, and when you finish that WU, it will send back the unstable data...

Prime95 is pretty much the best that I know right now. For max temps you might want to try CPU Burn-in.

Back