• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI Trident X Plus 9SF-054US - Bloatware wipe info???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

benny d.

Registered
Hey all,
Just nabbed a Trident X Plus as I just don't have the time or wallet to do a slick build at this point in life, pretty excited actually... While in route, I've been reading up on what I think are viable reviews from experienced users and ran into one concerning pre-installed garbage s/w and being forced to use Dell for work I'm sensitive to this crap and would rather not have it. Anyone on here the happens upon this post have any information pertaining to these applications? Even more have folks profiled actual hardware in their system and gone out and used the native drivers from the independent manufacturers and gotten results...?

Any data on this at all would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Specifically, what "pre-installed garbage" are you talking about?

You can remove everything that is not a device driver. If the case has proprietary components that govern fan speed and LED effects then I would leave the software that manages those things in place. Windows 10 probably has native drivers for the GPU and motherboard chip set but they may not be the latest. Since MSI manufactures their own motherboards, the latest chip set drivers should be on their website.

At anytime, you should be able to wipe the hard drive and do a clean install of Windows 10 Home using a USB installer you can build using the Microsoft Media Creation tool website. Since Windows 10 Home has already been installed on the computer and activated, a clean install should automatically activate. You can get all necessary drivers from Nvida and the MSI websites.

Back