• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED MSI z68 GD65 throttling...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The bios given to me by MSI is later than that, but it cant hurt to try.

Msi sended me this bios named "E7681IMS.M56"
And also this didnt worked at all (multi drop under load) the only thing that work is the june bios...
Is the same version sended to you?

Im currently on E7681IMS.N25. Paxxo, what is the version of that June bios please? And Im talking 50x+ multipliers by the way. I throttle higher than you are sitting at...

@ Angry - What bios are you on?

Last edited:
Im on p67, but Im using the june BIOS as well.

E7681IMS.1D0

You have a bios from june as well:
http://www.msi.com/product/mb/Z68A-GD65--B3-.html#/?div=BIOS

Hmm, come to think of it, I had to switch backwards to the june bios, or i couldnt get it to boot above 49x on 4 cores, reguardless of what I set it to, I could set 60x and it would still boot at 49x.
3 or less and it would boot up to 53x like normal just fine. It had me thinking a core had degraded on my cpu.

Switched backwards to the june bios and all has been well.

Hmm. I have a G3 version though, not B3. G3 doesnt have a june bios to go through... bleh.

Im currently on E7681IMS.N25. Paxxo, what is the version of that June bios please? And Im talking 50x+ multipliers by the way. I throttle higher than you are sitting at...

@ Angry - What bios are you on?

E7681IMS.M30

All the multi drops with newest bios if u set it in the bios manually

I have come to the conclusion that all Z68 & some if not all p67 MSI boards have a Load limit issue.I have been through all 7 bios's for the GD80 (G3) version with the same result. Using core temp RC2 wattage monitor the board throttles the clock at any load over 100W no matter the settings.

I would guess a bios will not fix this and only a PCB revision will beable to address this problem.

I'll keep you posted on the resolution. I am working with MSI on this issue. :)

At 47x running prime or intel burn test as soon as it breaks the 100W draw in coretemp it down clocks to 46x.Running @ 46x prime the wattage draw is around 95w and the board holds the clock speed.

I cant set bus speed to 100.
If i leave 10000 under windows is 98
If i set 10010 under windows is 100,20
Any suggestion?

I cant set bus speed to 100.
If i leave 10000 under windows is 98
If i set 10010 under windows is 100,20
Any suggestion?

Use MSI Control Center to set the bus speed in windows.

And my p67 only throttles, or refuses to boot above 49x using the latest bios. June bios is fine....

Use MSI Control Center to set the bus speed in windows.

And my p67 only throttles, or refuses to boot above 49x using the latest bios. June bios is fine....

Hey Angry, could you tell me the wattage core temp reports when your system starts throttling?

Ah ok. I was wondering, But Im running Wprime @ 8 threads and its barely breaking 100watts. Like in the 100.X range and no throttling at all.

Id have to flash to the newest bios to get it to thottle, which Im not willing to do at the moment.

Ah ok. I was wondering, But Im running Wprime @ 8 threads and its barely breaking 100watts. Like in the 100.X range and no throttling at all.

Id have to flash to the newest bios to get it to thottle, which Im not willing to do at the moment.

So running @ 49x you are doing only 100 Watts, that is weird. I run 47x and 3 mins into prime blend test 8 thread it hits 101-105W.

Back