• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI Z77 MPower dead

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just saw the AsRock z77 ws board here . Not a bad looking board. I like the black/grey scheme. Looks to be a wicked board that has everything you want and not all the xtra crap you don't need, lol.

Hoping my Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 will be here today :). I wanted the UD5H but the M3 will do because of my situation. Maybe I'll get the UD3H/UD5H sometime down the road and save the M3 as a back-up.

Will be looking forward to those results of yours ;)

Since i also shop for looks, im not a big fan of the Gigabyte motherboards, most the pc's at my work run with Gigabyte, and i did have a motherboard mess up on me after it was restarted a few times in a row, suddenly lost all bios settings and wouldnt boot windows.

Im not saying that is Gigabytes fault, but i dont like the layouts too much and colour scheme. I do understand your need for a motherboard, but i dont understand going with such a small one.

But check out my build topics like i said, most info will pop op there. I got confirmation today, that the board will get here tomorrow, i cant wait!

Noice! :clap: I've had good results with gigabyte in the past so I'm sure the M3 will not dissapoint me. Everyone's got their pros and cons concerning their brands. I know I do ;)

Good luck with your new board and I'll keep you posted on mine.

I started nerd life as an Asus nut-hugger for many years. Then x58 came out and bought a giga board that spanked the 5 asus x58's that I had owned. So when 1155 showed up, I bought giga. That turned out to be a nightmare as far as bios and stability goes. Then bought an asrock z77 mobo and have been very happy so far. Happy enough that I ended up buying the oc formula as well and like it even more than the z77 ex6. Will prolly stay with asrock till something turns me off on them. Nothing but happy for now though

Well I finally got my giga g1 sniper m3 and 16gb of gskill 2133. A fresh os install and even at stock this thing is flyin'! Can't wait to see what it's capable of. Me so happy now woot! :D

I like Asus, but their support needs work and their RMA service bites. But once they get it right, the boards I've had were awsome.

Well I finally got my giga g1 sniper m3 and 16gb of gskill 2133. A fresh os install and even at stock this thing is flyin'! Can't wait to see what it's capable of. Me so happy now woot! :D

I like Asus, but their support needs work and their RMA service bites. But once they get it right, the boards I've had were awsome.

Oh dear lord, dont tell me about Asus RMA service..

I sold a GTX590 thats aparently broken, and Asus wont RMA it but they will admit it has a faulty PCB, they said the new owner needs to go threw the dealer, and the dealer is even worse, he wont fix it on warranty cos its not the original owner! My god a headache, and i dont even own the card!

But im happy to hear you loving the sniper! Hopefully i will get mine setup today, it may need a full reinstall, but we will see when that time comes around.

How does the new mb feel compared with the MSI? Everyone loves the MSI apart from you and me apparently:shrug:

There are a few threads on here expressing issues with this mobo as well as other forums. As you said Asrock seems to be a much more reliable, I'm holding out for a good deal on the 6.

The extreme6 is already a tiny bit cheaper then the MPower, but i bet your going to love it. I love my my Z77 WS, but it was a bit more then the MSI Mpower, so i'd hope for more :) But less features, but nevermind that.

Back