• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI-Z77A-G45 and PWM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

awesomehandle31

Hello! Before i started my water build i assumed that the 3 4-pin headers on my motherboard were all PWM, but now that I have my mcp35xx2 i'm 100% confused... The cpu header works fine to control the pump, but sysfan1/sysfan2 (both 4pin) will not control the pump... Yes i have disabled automatic control in my bios, that is how i gained control over my pumps via cpu header... Its not a huge issue for me if the sysfan's are not PWM but I was hoping i could get conformation of this. Also I was wondering, if they are not true pwm will the Swiftech 8 Way PWM Splitter still work for FANS.

Hello,
I have just purchased this board myself and am in the process of finding a good overclock. I have 2 CPU fans, I just ended up getting a small adapter (similar to the one posted above) and controls both PWM CPU fans just fine. I know that in BIOS you can change I think system fat 1 & 2 but I felt the adapter works better. How do you like the board?

You get what you pay for, and it was the cheapest pcie 3.0 board when i got it, so i was happy about that.... But i will be installing my V formula 2night... yes, you can control fans fine from the sysfan1/sysfan2 but i could not get mcp35x2 pwm pumps to respond to them.

It should do what ever you need it to with in reason, and run cool. I would not run tri-sli with it.

best i could ever do ( still not sure if it is board or cpu) was 4.2ghz on my 3570k.

Back