• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI Z77A-GD55 Bios Problem/Issue. HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Soljaa

Hello everyone. I am having trouble with flashing my bios to any version now . couple of days ago i flashed the 1.8 version Bios to the latest 1.9 version. the reason I flashed the Bios Is because the 1.8 version Bios had an issue with Intel turbo boost and enhanced boost. when turbo boost and enhanced boost was enabled the mouse would stutter at the OS and It would feel like its going to freeze which I had the freeze with older Bios versions. Just to note when overclocked manually it would have no freeze/problems at all. so now my problem is that when i try flashing the bios to any version even reflashing will not work, once I press enter to the bios flash file from the USB to start the flashing, the Bios will just reset/restart straight away, It just wont start the flashing process as it was before??? Please guys I need some help I don't want to be stuck with this bios version because with 1.9 version now the Bios will freeze when I play around with the boot icons settings inside the Bios/UEFI. Regards

The BIOS file may be corrupted, so try downloading it again. And after flashing the BIOS / UEFI you should have reset CMOS, and then loaded optimized defaults. If you didn't do that, then do that first before attempting to re-flash.

The BIOS file may be corrupted, so try downloading it again. And after flashing the BIOS / UEFI you should have reset CMOS, and then loaded optimized defaults. If you didn't do that, then do that first before attempting to re-flash.

Sorry about the delay been very busy moving house and all. I have tried downloading again from MSI website, still did not work.

I bought this mobo 02/07/14/and use it until now without any problems i just updates clickbios 2
control centre/intel ME DRIVER/AND follow from MSI LIVEUPDATE 6'FOR upgrade some stuff/never use flash usb for m-flash bios'I only follow what is The msi liveupdate6 have,I recommend reset to factory do not create bios with usb again,you should be chek out first link>http://www.howtogeek.com/196916/how-to-check-your-bios-version-and-update-it/

Case : CoolerMaster USP100
Motherboard : MSI Z77A-GD55
CPU : Intel CORE i53470 overclock 3.8ghz
CPU Cooler :ZALMAN RESERATOR 3 MAX LIQUID COOLER
GPU :1)MSI GTX650 (2)NOW UPGRADE MSI GTX970 GAMING 4G
Ram :KINGSTON HYPERX 16GB 1866MHZ
SSD : NON ssd/wd 1t/H500GB
Power Supply:SEASONIC 1000W+80 PLATINUM
Monitor : ASUS 19IN/PLAN TO UPGRADE 24in to feel great card GTX970
Speakers :pROLOGIC
Keyboard :dell
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bitmate 64bit

I bought this mobo 02/07/14/and use it until now without any problems i just updates clickbios 2
control centre/intel ME DRIVER/AND follow from MSI LIVEUPDATE 6'FOR upgrade some stuff/never use flash usb for m-flash bios'I only follow what is The msi liveupdate6 have,I recommend reset to factory do not create bios with usb again,you should be chek out first link>http://www.howtogeek.com/196916/how-to-check-your-bios-version-and-update-it/

Case : CoolerMaster USP100
Motherboard : MSI Z77A-GD55
CPU : Intel CORE i53470 overclock 3.8ghz
CPU Cooler :ZALMAN RESERATOR 3 MAX LIQUID COOLER
GPU :1)MSI GTX650 (2)NOW UPGRADE MSI GTX970 GAMING 4G
Ram :KINGSTON HYPERX 16GB 1866MHZ
SSD : NON ssd/wd 1t/H500GB
Power Supply:SEASONIC 1000W+80 PLATINUM
Monitor : ASUS 19IN/PLAN TO UPGRADE 24in to feel great card GTX970
Speakers :pROLOGIC
Keyboard :dell
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bitmate 64bit

Hello everyone. I am having trouble with flashing my bios to any version now . couple of days ago i flashed the 1.8 version Bios to the latest 1.9 version. the reason I flashed the Bios Is because the 1.8 version Bios had an issue with Intel turbo boost and enhanced boost. when turbo boost and enhanced boost was enabled the mouse would stutter at the OS and It would feel like its going to freeze which I had the freeze with older Bios versions. Just to note when overclocked manually it would have no freeze/problems at all. so now my problem is that when i try flashing the bios to any version even reflashing will not work, once I press enter to the bios flash file from the USB to start the flashing, the Bios will just reset/restart straight away, It just wont start the flashing process as it was before??? Please guys I need some help I don't want to be stuck with this bios version because with 1.9 version now the Bios will freeze when I play around with the boot icons settings inside the Bios/UEFI. Regards

I know it's an old thread but I'm facing the same issue here (almost).
System:
Intel I5 3570 (non K)
MSI Z77a-gd55
Avexir Core Series 4x8gb
Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming
Corsair AX860 (non I)
Samsung EVO 850 500gb
Windows 7 ultimate 64bit (Cracked, which could be one of the problems. Waiting for Win10)
IMG_1586_zps4pc3clhh.jpg
My Bios is V.1.1. Trying to update the bios so it could work in tandem with the GTX 980. I still can use the system normally but the PC doesn't post, all it shows is a black screen, under score on top left corner and a b2 on the bottom right. After about 2mins give or take it goes into windows but here's a twist. If I use the integrated graphics by taking the GTX 980 out it works normally now of course that's common sense right? But once it goes into windows its like night and day with the graphics meaning the GTX 980 sucks!!! Just kidding. So that's the whole reason why my motherboard needs a bios update. Now at first I tried to update/flash the bios with a usb ... didn't work:( so I tried clearing cmos and failed again. Last option which wasn't particularly what I was happy about was using the LU6 bear in mind my graphics card is removed ... Didn't work.
What is going on !? I can update and install the newest driver yet I can't update my bios. I had never ran into this kind of problem before it's beginning to be Voodooish to me. The motherboard is haunted.

I know it's an old thread but I'm facing the same issue here (almost).
System:
Intel I5 3570 (non K)
MSI Z77a-gd55
Avexir Core Series 4x8gb
Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming
Corsair AX860 (non I)
Samsung EVO 850 500gb
Windows 7 ultimate 64bit (Cracked, which could be one of the problems. Waiting for Win10)
View attachment 163261
My Bios is V.1.1. Trying to update the bios so it could work in tandem with the GTX 980. I still can use the system normally but the PC doesn't post, all it shows is a black screen, under score on top left corner and a b2 on the bottom right. After about 2mins give or take it goes into windows but here's a twist. If I use the integrated graphics by taking the GTX 980 out it works normally now of course that's common sense right? But once it goes into windows its like night and day with the graphics meaning the GTX 980 sucks!!! Just kidding. So that's the whole reason why my motherboard needs a bios update. Now at first I tried to update/flash the bios with a usb ... didn't work:( so I tried clearing cmos and failed again. Last option which wasn't particularly what I was happy about was using the LU6 bear in mind my graphics card is removed ... Didn't work.
What is going on !? I can update and install the newest driver yet I can't update my bios. I had never ran into this kind of problem before it's beginning to be Voodooish to me. The motherboard is haunted.

So if I understand well, your issue is that you actually have BIOS v1.1 and cannot manage to flash it with both M-Flash and Live Update ?

So if I understand well, your issue is that you actually have BIOS v1.1 and cannot manage to flash it with both M-Flash and Live Update ?
Yes correct.
You may have a faulty card, can you try it in a different system?
I dont think so but no i dont have the luxery of putting the card on another system. Ill try and look for somebody with a decent rig and try it out but it might take a while

Yes correct.

I dont think so but no i dont have the luxery of putting the card on another system. Ill try and look for somebody with a decent rig and try it out but it might take a while

Or you can simply try to flash your motherboard with this DOS tool first: http://downloads.hwbot.org/downloads/tools/X99/FPT_v9.1.2.1000.zip
You will need a DOS bootable USB stick, you can prepare it with a tool like Rufus: https://rufus.akeo.ie/
Download latest BIOS from MSI official website: http://www.msi.com/support/mb/Z77AGD55.html#down-bios
Extract the "E7751IMS.1B0" from the downloaded archive and rename the extension to .ROM
Place both the DOS tool and the .ROM file on your DOS bootable USB stick, boot under DOS and then use the command "FPT -F biosname.rom".
This should work and will flash both BIOS and Intel ME at the same time.

Let us know how it goes. :)

just that stretch graphics card and change the bios to 1.3 or 1.8. I greet it hi

Or you can simply try to flash your motherboard with this DOS tool first: http://downloads.hwbot.org/downloads/tools/X99/FPT_v9.1.2.1000.zip
You will need a DOS bootable USB stick, you can prepare it with a tool like Rufus: https://rufus.akeo.ie/
Download latest BIOS from MSI official website: http://www.msi.com/support/mb/Z77AGD55.html#down-bios
Extract the "E7751IMS.1B0" from the downloaded archive and rename the extension to .ROM
Place both the DOS tool and the .ROM file on your DOS bootable USB stick, boot under DOS and then use the command "FPT -F biosname.rom".
This should work and will flash both BIOS and Intel ME at the same time.

Let us know how it goes. :)

Back