• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MuahahAHHA its begun=)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DuckManParkey

Finally we had some nice weather, too bad i worked til it was almost dark outside=) butttt i started my no named project(for now) All i got done tonight was sanding my side panel thats behind the mobo. Pics will be posted at the end, starting case is a thermaltake xaserv wingo v7000, my plans are to sand it all down, paint it a metallic blue with metal flakes in it, get rid of the front door, bondo the front so that it looks like the door wasnt supposed to do there, bondo in the fron fan grills that are in the plastic(or get ridda them put a 120 there and mold bondo to make it look nice) Depending on how much more air flow i need with my wcing in to cool ram and HD. Also gonna add a side window. and paint the inside of the case either a darker blue, silver, or maybe a flat black. Ok for now thats it heres the 2 pics i got, before and after sanding the panel, lemme know how it looks, i did it all with a 150 grit sandpaper i might go over it with a 220 before i paint, gonna use 600 between coats of paint beings this is the highest grit we sell at my job.
Before Sanding
Picture075.jpg
After
Picture076.jpg

Mmmm.. shiny. Looks pretty cool, and sounds even better.

Very nice work sanding it down, almost inspires me to get off my lazy bum and do something like that myself.

Ok... not really.

haha, i was gonna paint it metallic blue with metal flakes, but i really like the way it looks so im gonna finish sanding over the weekend despite the fast that its 30 deg's and hope that next weekend warms up so i can clear coat it... BTW that isnt a finished side fully im actually gonna go with smaller grits if i dont paint it metallic blue. and try to get a cleaner looking finish w/o all the swirlys from the 150 grit.

If you are join going to go with the polished look, take it farther than 150. You can get it down to a mirror finish if you go all the way down to rubbing compound

Sleeved my PSU, and some other things in the case today, didnt go the way i liked it ended up wiring 1 of the molexes wrong and thot i blew my psu again haha. finally after 2 and a half hours of sleeving then 4 hrs of sleep and an hour trying to figure out what was wrong its done. ill be uploading pics as we speak so just a bit and there will be pics.

Back