• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

muliplier droping from 18x to 7x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

k_ogre

my multiplier is going from 18x down to 7x then back to 18x and so on how do I get it to stay at 18x?
thanks
fx-8150
asus m5a97 le r2.0

It's the green stuff that's causing that, i.e. all the power-saving, heat sparing, downclocking and down-throttling technology built into the complex power management of the FX CPUs. You can try disabling it but your motherboard is woefully inadequate for the CPU you are trying to run. The board's power phase components are not near heavy duty enough to handle the CPU without the power management stuff active. Overclockers with heavy duty motherboards generally disable the green stuff: Cool N Quiet, C6, C1E, Turbo Boost and APM - if you want to know.

You can try disabling it but your motherboard is woefully inadequate for the CPU you are trying to run. The board's power phase components are not near heavy duty enough to handle the CPU without the power management stuff active.

Trents is bang on on this one.:thup:
Your board says it has 140W support but the 4+2 power phase and lack of heatsinks is going to limit you severely.
So if you can keep it running stable at stock speed I'd leave it at that.

Back