• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multi GPU Folding Walkthrough

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
New discovery. If you want to add a card to the system but don't like the lag it creates, you are in luck. If you don't use anything on that monitor (or if you use the variables so you don't have to enable it), the computer functions like normal. This is tested working (right now actually) on my secondary system.

Example:

2 x 8800GTS 320's
2 x 24" BenQ G2400W's

The monitors are on GPU1 (top card) and no monitors on GPU2 (bottom card). I'm playing WoW on one monitor and browsing on the other. There is *no* frame drop or window lag while dragging windows.

What do you think about adding something about uninstalling the client for those who have it installed already?

My machineid's were both the same till I noticed it, and the only thing I could think of was I didn't uninstall my old client.

Or just mention to check machineid's.(and how).

Leave the machine id's, otherwise it severely messes it up. Mine are both "2", but I have yet to have an issue :shrug:

If I change it from that, it forgets all my settings when it starts.

Leave the machine id's, otherwise it severely messes it up. Mine are both "2", but I have yet to have an issue :shrug:

If I change it from that, it forgets all my settings when it starts.

Huh how is that possible... I had to change one. Stanford was seeing both clients as 1 client...I wasn't getting credit for the other until I changed it. Are you using notepad to open and shutting the clients down first? Have a whole thread on it.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=569676

Also uninstalling the old client would make sure they get the new one and it matches your how to.(Just a thought)

I just looked again and they are indeed the same for the GPU client on my system:shrug:

It is because my main system is offline (just got the MB today) and I've been playing WoW on it :p

Yup yup :D

Might be a bit low as I'm going to bench (air and dry ice), so production should go back up eventually.

Sorry, been pretty busy (*cough*WoW*cough*) and have some benching stuff I need to do :-/

I have not personally tested it, but I have heard nothing but "no SLi".

Back