• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

multi monitor stands, what did you choose ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This thread really makes me want to get a monitor stand... but I want two in portrait mode like the picture below. Not interested in gaming on 3 monitors.

16421896.jpg

Currently my main monitor is a U2410 (22.03" wide). Might think of getting another one and using those as portraits (19.4" wide that way), and then getting a 27" or something in the middle. For example's sake a Qnix 2710 is 25.2" wide (and 18.9" tall).

Yeah, you'd most likely see some on the edges.
Probably about 3" on either side.

That could be fixed with a hacksaw very easily without messing anything up on the stand though.

Ok, I got home at 5:30 EST and the Fed Ex man came around the corner as I got out of the car. Of course I got busy. Keep in mind I just put this together quickly. Have lots of tweaking and cable management work to do. Here is a quick synopsis of my journey :D

The box makes it here in good shape

IMGP0034_zpsd09513e9.jpg

A Box in a Box !
IMGP0035_zps6b476682.jpg

still boxes
IMGP0037_zps0af19ce4.jpg

Hmm, A little concerned ? maybe ?
IMGP0038_zps1b5b6afa.jpg

IMGP0039_zps2aeae89e.jpg

My Helper on the job :D
IMGP0001_zps38c2a354.jpg

As I said, still much to do tweaking, tightening and leveling and of course cable management. Thank you guys for steering me to this. I highly recomend this stand. It's a QUALITY stand. Easy to put together. Top notch for half the price of the big boys :thup:

IMGP0040_zpsca0b7b0c.jpg

IMGP0041_zps792b2e08.jpg

TY :D

The only thing I would say about putting it together is getting the height on your pole correct early on. Once you have all the screens on there it's more difficult. I luckily had 2 friends around to support the 2 ends while I adjusted the height. I started out with it on highest setting and I didn't want it there as I did not want to tip my head back for several gaming hours. Wanted a more natural head position. Other than that I did it all by myself.

Next up, A nicer desk :thup:

Nice setup rogbur. Left-handed mouse setup too!

Next step?

24Monitor_trading_station.jpg

Nice setup rogbur. Left-handed mouse setup too!

Next step?

24Monitor_trading_station.jpg

LOL, you know me already, what resolution would that be ?

Left handed setup, left handed mouse to :D the razor death adder, Im actually bi-mouse at work all day I run the computers right handed because I have several other peeps using them and it would be a pain so I learned to go right handed just as well maybe better ;)

Looking to buy a stand for my 3 23" Asus VH238 monitors. I have them set up right now using there original bases. To get things the proper way and looking like I want them to I need to purchase a stand.

After much looking reading etc here is what Im looking to buy. I had a half dozen stands in various shopping carts over the last few weeks and this is what I have settled on (I think :D )

This is the final step. I wanted to see if anyone here had good luck with any other stands. The biggest complaint I have seen with most stands is the inability to get the 2 outside monitors at proper angles without problems.

I found this company (Ergotech) over at the Wide Screen gaming Forum and they seem to have gotten it right with there stands

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007BD0MPM...TF8&colid=1JUOWB4VR0HF7&coliid=I3SEX4CIDU4H90

This looks like the same stand but costs a bit less and is actually sold by Amazon instead of a Marketplace vendor (Marketplace vendors are often dodgy).

What I don't like about the stands with the single rigid bars to mount the outside monitors on is you can't adjust the angle of the outside monitors. That would be a problem for me because I have limited room to mount multiple monitors (in fact, I have to find a convenient place to put my ADF scanner before I can get three monitors).

Last edited:
Since responders in this thread seem to know their stands; I have a 24" IPS panel, and a 24" TN 3D gaming panel. Currently, I use the IPS for pretty much everything except gaming, which is what the TN panel is for. Any idea on what to get for this 2 monitor setup, where both displays can swivel directly in front and center of the keyboard?

I already have a wall mounted arm for the side monitor and thought about adding a 2nd to make this arrangement, but the price for a decent arm that can articulate enough is still pretty high. I thought something like a bar arrangement with the VESA mounts on wheels might work, but all I ever found were straight bar arrangements (I'd prefer the monitor on the side angled to me). This curved 3-6 monitor setup looks like something that may work though, even if I have to clamp/bolt the stand to the desk to keep it from tipping over.

Since responders in this thread seem to know their stands; I have a 24" IPS panel, and a 24" TN 3D gaming panel. Currently, I use the IPS for pretty much everything except gaming, which is what the TN panel is for. Any idea on what to get for this 2 monitor setup, where both displays can swivel directly in front and center of the keyboard?

I already have a wall mounted arm for the side monitor and thought about adding a 2nd to make this arrangement, but the price for a decent arm that can articulate enough is still pretty high. I thought something like a bar arrangement with the VESA mounts on wheels might work, but all I ever found were straight bar arrangements (I'd prefer the monitor on the side angled to me). This curved 3-6 monitor setup looks like something that may work though, even if I have to clamp/bolt the stand to the desk to keep it from tipping over.

Looks like what you're looking for

Give their lineup a look-through, they should have what you want.

That's actually almost spot on! I looked through the site, but I guess I was only viewing the solid bar arm supports. I didn't notice the swiveling arm models. Thanks. :thup:

Any time!

I'm so glad that Thid and I stumbled onto this company, they've really impressed me so far.

Not only are their monitor stands great quality, but their prices are good and their customer service is very responsive.
They actually sent me a triple mount instead of the quad, and I had a prepaid label that evening. I think it was 3 days later the correct mount showed up, and I didn't even have to drop off the box (FedEx came and got it).

Back