• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mushkin level1 vs. ocz enhanced bandwidth for nf7-s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
EB just FLIES. I'm lovin' mine. :D

Can't say about BH-5, those things have become a rarity, and i'd have issues finding it affordably.

i cant see spending $300 just on ram.and what about ddr 500? i would think ddr 500 would kill bh-5 or eb.

bh-5 can reach ddr 500, and at low latencies (2-2-2 or 2-2-3). EB can reach similar speeds with good latencies as well.

CH5 can reach a tad higher than most bh-5, but at looser latencies. Most DDR500 just has too high of latencies to beat a decent stick of either EB or BH5.

EB is ur best bet if you're ganna run anything over ddr400. Anyone know what kinda chips are in the EB series?

RedScare said:
im in the same situation too. there are just too many options to choose from, i cant decide. i guess im curious as to how much performance difference there is for the price...cause the mushkin lvl 1 3200 seems like the best deal at $250, but i dunno if its really worth it to spring the extra $25 and get the OCZ EB3200. and just how big a performance jump would one see between the 3200 and the 3500 EB? enough to warrant the extra $30? if i was only gonna push my fsb to 230 or so?

i also could probably get some Mushkin Level 1 Black PC3500 for about $250. how would that compare to the OCZ sticks?

lots of questions i realize...hope someone can provide some insight :)
The Mushkin Level 1 isn't a very good deal, IMHO. There are a lot of sticks that can do medium speeds with medium timings. I'd spring for much cheaper valueram over the level 1. The EB, on the other hand, has the distinction of running very quickly, and with very tight latencies. This is a rarity, and I believe that the $270 pricetag fits it.

dumbfish said:
i cant see spending $300 just on ram.and what about ddr 500? i would think ddr 500 would kill bh-5 or eb.
DDR500 can sort of compete with the tight latencies of BH5 and EB, but you need a motherboard that can handle speeds of about 270MHz to realize the true performance level of these. Running at any lower than 270MHz with loose latencies is a waste IMHO. In superPI, at 210 2-2-2, I match up with an identical system at 278 4-4-3. Once you start pushing 220's and 230's with EB and BH5, nearly nothing can touch it.

The IC's currently used in EB are Micron mT 5B -C, to my knowledge. They look like this:

micron.jpg
It should be possible to find these IC's in Kingston and other ValueRam.

i just bought my 1gb of (2x512) ocz enhanced bandwidth pc3200 this morning from excaliber, i think i bought the last one... sorry guys, its now out of stock

:cry: :bang head :santa: :rolleyes:

What about the 256mb sticks of 3200eb? I am looking at some for the first system in my sig. The highest I was able to get my Mushkin level 2 bh5 was 240 @ 3.3v 2.5-3-3-11-13-15. This is partially due to the fact that the ram is double-sided. I'd be trading my ram away to a friend and would be getting a new cpu to boot. Would the 3200eb be worth the investment and can the ram take 3.3v for daly use?

Or for $25 more would the 3700eb be best?
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-146-984&depa=0

3200 -
CL 2.5-3-2-8
Support Voltage: 2.8V

3500 -
Cas Latency: 3-3-2-8

3700 -
Cas Latency: 3-3-2-8

Does all EB ram take such high voltage for such loose latencies?

Last edited:
i haven't had any experience with it personally, i can let you know once i get this 3200eb though....

i would assume that the 256mb sticks overclock/run tighter timings easier because of the size though

Back