• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin winbond BH-5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rbdaniel@bellso

Hello everyone

I just got a couple of 512mb sticks out of the Mushkin garage sale (881107 = 991107). I received 2 memory modules with chips: W942508BH-5 printed in them. I am now sure how good these are, but the sales rep mentioned 2-2-2 type of memory with Winbond BH-5 chipset in it. No idea if the are blue or black. No heat spreads with the sticks.

I want to know what you guys think of these memory modules.
Have any of you gotten good results with this memory?

I will be testing them in my AI7 mobo/P4 2.4C. Iknow they might perform better in the AMD setup, but the AMD PC is in storage (I am moving soon).
I already had 2x256 2-2-2 Mushkin Specials running now. I will try both sets together (If possible) and either set separate. Will let you guys know what I get.
Will post pictures when I get home.

Mushkin Customer service rocks + shipped same day

Thank you

Daniel Rodriguez :)

Testing out my set at 270Mhz, 2-2-2-6 timings right now. :D BH5 rocks when you can give it the volts it wants.

Where was this "Mushking Garage Sale" of which you speak?

PerlAddict said:
Testing out my set at 270Mhz, 2-2-2-6 timings right now. :D BH5 rocks when you can give it the volts it wants.

Where was this "Mushking Garage Sale" of which you speak?

Very nice dude! How many volts?

Yeah was wondering the same thing...

Guys

They still have memory left. I just bought this sticks last Thursday. When you call the sales dept. tell them you are looking for the warehouse sale memory.
Old list is located here:

http://www.devhardware.com/forums/m...g-a-moving-sale-so-they-sell-bh-5t-77192.html

you will see the one I got:
881107 22 512MB PC3200 Winbond BH -5 $58.59

By the way these might be true BH-5 I do not see anywhere UTT / :)
all I see is Winbond BH5

Thanks

Daniel

Dang, $120 for good ol' home grown BH5. That's way too tempting just to horde. lol.

Right now I'm at 3.6v, Maddog. While everything passes Memtest fine (265Mhz passed Memtest at 3.4v, and 260Mhz at 3.3v ... I've always run it at 3.3v, but in the nF2 system it's been in the last two years, I could never keep it consistently stable above 230Mhz), it errors out in Prime. So I'm trying to get things Prime stable and figure out why Memtest isn't giving back any errors.

memtest stable...and windows stable are MILES apart. seriously...i could get ddr530 stable in memtest with 3.3v, but in windows...i couldnt break ddr500 with any voltage. and with tweaking to get it stable.

Is it PC3200, 2700 or 3500?

Without doubt, in my experience, Mushkin PC3500 BH5 is the best BH5 I have ever used. :thup: :thup: Simply amazing stuff! Enjoy your RAM and don't be scared to go up and beyond 3.8 V. Yes,3.8V :)

Just make sure you have atleast 2 x 80mm fans blowing directly over the RAM.

Super Nade said:

Without doubt, in my experience, Mushkin PC3500 BH5 is the best BH5 I have ever used. :thup: :thup: Simply amazing stuff! Enjoy your RAM and don't be scared to go up and beyond 3.8 V. Yes,3.8V :)

SN,

Buddy...you're slipping. Did you have a long day??? :D

Per his post:

you will see the one I got:
881107 22 512MB PC3200 Winbond BH -5 $58.59

Super Nade said:

its pc3200...and BY GOD...i feel bad for your memory controller...running 3.8v isnt safe at all!!

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
its pc3200...and BY GOD...i feel bad for your memory controller...running 3.8v isnt safe at all!!

Ya think so? What a wuss. :D
Reefa, Felinusz, Gautam....:D

Yep, Reefs I'm tired tonight. Just got back from a crushing workout. Now I have to take a 2 mile walk in the snow before I get home.

PS*
All the BH5 will be gone by tomorrow, now that Reefa has seen this.

Super Nade said:

Yep, Reefs I'm tired tonight. Just got back from a crushing workout. Now I have to take a 2 mile walk in the snow before I get home.

PS*

not a wuss...just a thinker. if i had venices then i wouldnt care about 3.8v...cause its just a crappy venice...now that i have an x2, a good x2 at that... saftey is a bit higher on the scale.

My Vcore is 1.58 V, which should be o.k as the CPU diodes are safely biased. I have yet to see a memcontroller die out on my CPU's. Word of mouth is o.k, but sometimes it gets carried a bit too far. I'm not saying its absolutely safe, as overvolting always entails a risk, but it isn't as fatalistic as made out to be.

Super Nade said:

PS*

And that would be an uphill 2-mile walk in 2-foot deep snow, right? :D

And I have to admit...I did check out the BH link...just out of curiosity, but I have not bought anything...yet. Better hurry if you want some.

Lastly...I may have severly damaged a Winchester last night with too much dimm voltage so do take care. :(

Details mate!

Winny's were hardly the stuff legends are made out to be, so you may have had a bad one right off the bat. Anyway, if you have the time let us know what happened and how you concluded that it was the CPU.

Later-gator!

Super Nade said:
Details mate!

Winny's were hardly the stuff legends are made out to be, so you may have had a bad one right off the bat. Anyway, if you have the time let us know what happened and how you concluded that it was the CPU.

Later-gator!

the first winchesters we good chips...they did 2.8ghz and 2.9ghz on air. they were like venices...then CBBID hit. and he probably knew how the Winchester clocked before he applied the vdimm.

Back