• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin winbond BH-5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sorry about the delay in testing.. This weekend I should have more time to test the memory. ang give you guys results. I am hoping to stay at the same timmings I have now and hopefully go higher on PCmark or sandra because of the higher amount or ram.
Currrently PC is running at 290Mhz / 2-2-2-5 ..

Thanks daniel

Super Nade said:
Details mate!

Winny's were hardly the stuff legends are made out to be, so you may have had a bad one right off the bat. Anyway, if you have the time let us know what happened and how you concluded that it was the CPU.

Later-gator!

Follow up/update:

There are many Winnies out there that match up quite well to some of the lesser Venice revisions so be nice.

Notice that I stated that I may have severely damaged that cpu, it was not a definitive statement. It was late and I didn't have the time to sort things out when I posted. I've gone back now and tested and swapped out parts and it turns out that it was one of my bh-5 sticks that took the hit, not the cpu. I'm glad, 'cause contrary to your opinion, I like my Winchester. This one (a 3500) does 2.65+ so I'm content with it, plus I like the 11 multi and I really didn't like the notion that I killed it.

And I thought 3.9v was safe for bh-5? Then again, perhaps that Booster needs calibrating.

Anyways, it was a 256 stick from a set that I picked up a while back and was finally getting around to testing. I guess I now have an extra stick...Oh, well, you can never have enough BH-5 lying around. :D

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
not a wuss...just a thinker. if i had venices then i wouldnt care about 3.8v...cause its just a crappy venice...now that i have an x2, a good x2 at that... saftey is a bit higher on the scale.
I would gladly run those voltages 24/7 on any processor if I had ram that liked it. Usually issues from the ram or cpu dying are the board's vdimm regulation being at fault.

290 2-2-2-5...I'm not saying its impossible, but that seems very improbable without the ram at subambient temps and 4v or so, and even then, cherry-picked ram at that. Sure you're not running a divider?

Hello

290Mhz is running with a divider. 3:2
I have tried 5:4 and 1:1 but it was a while back and I do not have the data with me. That's another way to say I can not remember. I know that the 290Mhz is the highest I run the memory all the time. At one time I hit 305Mhz with a divider and no Hyperthreading any higher would not be stable. :bang head

PCMark link

Thank you

Daniel

Hello everyone :p

Installed the memory yesterday.
If I set it to automatic timings it sets to 2-3-3-5. I tried running to 2-2-2-5 and it does. I tried different settings such as:

GAT 800 strap (Turbo/AutoAuto/disc/disc
200Mhz 1:1 ratio 2-2-2-5 scored PCmark2004: 3473 / Video at sock settings
225Mhz 1:1 ratio 2-2-2-5 scored PCmark2004: 3859 / Video at sock settings
245Mhz 1:1 ratio 2-2-2-5 scored PCmark2004: 4117 / Video at sock settings

250Mhz 5:4 ratio 2-2-2-5 scored PCmark2004: 3364 / Video at sock settings
290Mhz 5:4 ratio 2-2-2-5 scored PCmark2004: Failed / Video at sock settings
280Mhz 5:4 ratio 2-3-3-5 scored PCmark2004: 4625 / Video at sock settings
290Mhz 5:4 ratio 2-3-3-5 scored PCmark2004: 4730 / Video at sock settings

300Mhz 5:4 ratio 2-3-3-5 (Auto/auto/auto/auto)scored PCmark2004: 4730 / Video at sock settings

290Mhz 5:4 ratio 2-3-3-5 (Auto/auto/auto/auto)scored PCmark2004: 4825
Video overclock 420/379

Ithink I can do better, but need more time. Tried all four stick and had no boot received a weird message pertaining to the Automatic shut off settings for the bios? ACPI?
3 sticks received bot into Win2000.. Need to test that/

Could not do more because I am moving and eneded up packing most of the day.

Thank You
Daniel

Back