• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 8.5lb BomberMan LAN rig is done!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's a Sweet, Tight, Pimpin' system. No offense though. I still prefer the big honkin Full towers where a man can get inside beside his mother board and work on stuff.

Very nice --
my LAN rig is 16 x 14 x 3.5
and not half as good lookin.

see pic on left
case is an old ICL M40
Standard Mobo QDI advance 10b
celeron 1.3 without fan
sealed case with 2 x 80mm 7 volt fans
really hacked sound card
and a whole Geforce 2 mx
(has anyone else been brave enough to
un-solder the agp socket and lay it in at 45degrees)

:)

I took a standard PSU and a hacksaw to squeeze it into
the case (too expensive to buy areal smallone)

the usb CD-ROM is a dog - trying to install from a 4X
drive is painful...

Last edited:
that is an amazing machine... and of course other than the onboard video i'd love to run it at a LAN =) (just got off of a GF2 so i'm loving my radeon8500 and couldn't stand going back =)

btw, how much does a waterjet cut like that cost? i'm considering something like that only a bit more detailed (chinese text) for the back of my next case (unless i get a laptop... =)

Awesome rig!!! I love the case. I don't know how you managed so squeeze everything in there like that. Maybe on a future rig, if you dare to get smaller, :eek: , look into using mobile parts (laptop). But that might cost a bit more :D

BTW- How did you cut that???

JK you guys! I had to ask that question one more time just to make one of you snap :D

"IT'S IN THE ****ING POST YOU ***-**** ******-****ING ***-OF-A-*****!!!!"

diggingforgold said:
Maybe on a future rig, if you dare to get smaller, :eek: , look into using mobile parts (laptop). But that might cost a bit more :D
It's using a Laptop CD-ROM (case requirement) and a laptop Hard drive (only spare I had at the time). The laptop hard drive saves alot of weigh and noise.
The case case with a Floppy drive, but I ditched it because I wasn't going to be using it with this rig.

mind providing a link to where you got the case?

Back