• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 830 Results!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Pcmark04

UHM,. surf im running pcmark04 on my rig now and it seems to be running.. but am wondering why it shows im running at 400mhz? is this right?

also i think i have set mine at 266 fsb with vcore at 1.275

regarding memory timings.. which ones do i change since i see 5 settings? and most people doing OC are giving only 4 settings? i.e. you gave yours at
5-3-3-8.

think my corsair can be set to run at 3-3-2-8? how do i do this?

my pcmark04 is still running 30 of 44 tests.. guess am doing fine?

and what do i do with my MBM5? WHERE OR HOW DO I GET ACCURATE CPU, MB TEMPS?

bapski said:
UHM,. surf im running pcmark04 on my rig now and it seems to be running.. but am wondering why it shows im running at 400mhz? is this right?

also i think i have set mine at 266 fsb with vcore at 1.275

regarding memory timings.. which ones do i change since i see 5 settings? and most people doing OC are giving only 4 settings? i.e. you gave yours at
5-3-3-8.

think my corsair can be set to run at 3-3-2-8? how do i do this?

my pcmark04 is still running 30 of 44 tests.. guess am doing fine?

and what do i do with my MBM5? WHERE OR HOW DO I GET ACCURATE CPU, MB TEMPS?

The memory timings I am giving are the first 4 you see. They are under chipset configuration or somethign like that in bios. How tight you can run your timings depnds on the frequency/divider you use on your overclock. My ram is running at 870mhz or so. lower ram speeds and you can tighten (ie: lesson) your timings. Higher clock speed and you will need to loosen (ie: increase) your timings.

For PCMARK04 you only need run the first 10 tests. The "System 10 of 10" test. I should clarify that when I say PCMARK would not run for me at anything above 261, what I mean is that it would not give a score at the end, because one or more test failed.

Now if I increased vcore I would be fine, but my temps would go up! I am not willing ot do that until I get water on this baby. I am very happy with the performance of my rig as is. It is rock solid stable, and much faster then my other PC.

As far as accurate CPU temps, you are only get as accurate as the MOBO probe gives. None of the different windows programs to see temps is gonna change what the MOBO is giving. Some think the P5WD2 is reading from 5 to 10 celcius higher. I have no idea, cause I ahve nothing to compare it to.

surfrat and the other OC GURUS'

hello again guys.. i really think my 3.7 settings are wacky. can you guys take a look at them and see where i need to change things? thank you.

AI OVERCLOCKING SET TO MANUAL. PCI SYNC CLOCK SET TO 33.33. why? i dunno. probably just "SAW" (not read!) from some OC forum and i just set it this way and got the speed to 3.7 i do doubt ive set this wrong.
100_1476.jpg

my cpu settings:

100_1479.jpg

am not sure what DRAM TIMING i will use when i set this to DISABLED
100_1481.jpg

my temp readings...
100_1484.jpg

would really appreciate it guys if you can, AGAIN, help me out. thanks again.

Last edited:
I dont see anything wrong with your settings as long as it is stable. You claimed in one of your last posts that Prime failed. You are gonna need to give us some info on wether or not you can prime or run pcmark04 liek I suggested before.

Some things of note:

I see you raised your vcore a bit to 1.2875. (you get more stability this way?)

On your first picture, your PCI-E Frequency is set to auto. If you are having stability problems, you can try and set that to 100 see if it helps. Also your dram frequency is at 667. Nothing wrong with that, and it just depends on what your ram can do. Mine is currently at 868mhz or something very close to that.

You need ot ask some people with your ram what the best settings for it are. You can either set the timings tighter, or up your clock frequency on it.

Your temps look good. Better then mine read in bios. Mine hover at 49c or something int he bios, idol at 45c in windows.

Biggest thing you need to do and post is at least PCMARK04. If you run it and get a score then you are pretty much stable. If not, then you need to increase voltage or try loosining your ram timings. Also try the PCI-E lock I suggested.

Also I gotta ask, 24c case temps? Do you have the side off and what is the ambient temps in your computer room? That is damn cool!

thanks guys.. wow, i thought you guys ran out on me. . .all these answers .. .makes me think you guys are out on a drinking spree... :p

Also I gotta ask, 24c case temps? Do you have the side off and what is the ambient temps in your computer room? That is damn cool!

cant believe my settings are just about right. :shrug:

now i know why its that low! yes i still have my side off as i am still in the process of assembling my rig. not only is it open, i am also working in the basement! where it is cold.

i tried raising the vcore because i was crashing just running some benchmark tests alone..

i will adjust settings and probably reinstall OS. WILL TRY longhorn. anyone tried it already?

I think the Auto setting sets it to Standard...so either one should work so long as its not set to turbo. Correct me if I'm wrong Sen.

Also since we are on the subject...do any of you have any luck with enabling Hyper Path 3, and what is Dram Throttling Threshold I noticed this option show up when I flashed to bios 0509.

i noticed most of you have more than 500w PSU's.. will my 480trueblue 2 be good enough?

bapski said:
i noticed most of you have more than 500w PSU's.. will my 480trueblue 2 be good enough?

Should be fine. Now get that hing stabel and run us some benchies!

Oh and yea the basement, how I wish I could do that. It is 105 degrees today here! :(

was about to post my reply earlier but my rig FROZE!

was able to run pcmark04 but am not sure how to get the results though..

am downloading pcmark05 right now.. think this version supports dual core cpu's?

man! surf, should be hot down there. you are in florida remember?

Also since we are on the subject...do any of you have any luck with enabling Hyper Path 3
I can't remember if I left mine on Auto or Enabled, but I've used both without any problems. I haven't really checked to see if Enabled/Disabled makes a diff.

bapski-- everything else looks OK for your OC, so I would raise your Vc a couple of notches or put it back to Auto (which will probably be around 1.39-1.40V). Your temps will go up, so keep an eye on them, but that should take care of your crashes. You might also try locking your PCIe Freq.

:eh?:
Ross said:
I can't remember if I left mine on Auto or Enabled, but I've used both without any problems. I haven't really checked to see if Enabled/Disabled makes a diff.

bapski-- everything else looks OK for your OC, so I would raise your Vc a couple of notches or put it back to Auto (which will probably be around 1.39-1.40V). Your temps will go up, so keep an eye on them, but that should take care of your crashes. You might also try locking your PCIe Freq.

would i be fine raising the vcore or putting it to auto even if i only have stock HSF? i do have my case open though and im at the basement.

also, how do i publish my PCMARK05 results? how and where do i get/see my score/s? it keeps telling me i have an INVALID registration NUMBER when i chose to publish it online... :rolleyes: dont ask me why coz i guess you guys know why :eh?:

hey ross, i see we have the same vc... what's the numbers (xxxx/xxxx) beside it on your sig. signify?

so for now, will i be stuck with 3.7? can't i go any higher like say when i get my xp-90c?

=====

edit:

i see that i have a CPU SCORE OF 6060 IS THIS GOOD?
my benchmark got aborted again when one of my msn buddies closed the remote connection we earlier had... am re-starting again.

Last edited:
i crashed again! grrrrr....

how do i lock the pcie frequency?

re-set the vcore to [auto]

however i set the memory voltage to 2.1 which is what is the rating of my memory. am i doing this right? or am i better off setting the memory voltage at [auto]

Auto Vc should be OK. Pressies run hot and dual core even moreso, so just keep an eye on your load temps. Download a program called Throttle Watch to see if the proc is getting too hot and is being throttled back because of it. Short of that, keep it as cool as you can but definitely don't let it go over 60-65C on load. It will probably throttle back before you get there, but I think the thermal limit on the Ds is like 70C. Those are nice case temps and they are helping your air cooling a lot right now. If you can, I'd leave the side of the case open until you get a better cooler :)

You can try bumping Vc just a little bit say to 1.325 or so and see if that clears up the crashes and that won't raise temps as much as Auto.

As for what you'll be stuck at, I dunno. It will mostly be limited to how cool that XP-90 keeps it. I haven't air cooled in years, but if I had or was even thinking about a dual core on air, I probably wouldn't get anything smaller than that XP-120. I'd start considering watercooling real quick with that thing if you want to OC further and I probably wouldn't look at anything smaller than a heater core or 2x120mm rad (with the Swiftech Storm block).

I haven't tried to publish on PCMark05, so I can't say...maybe someone else can help...

The numbers in my sig:
My P4 3.4 LGA775 is a "550" in Intel's numeric system.
Numbers after my vid card are the GPU/mem frequencies I am running.
DDR1017 is the freq of my system mem and the 5-3-3-8 are the timings.

In the Advanced screen, right under Performance Mode. Change the PCI Express Frequency from AUTO to 100. It's your call, but I leave my mem at 2.30V no matter what (BIOS max). There are people with volt mods running way more than that to the Corsairs without any problems.

Generally, if you try decreasing the timings from default or running higher than default freq on them, you'll need to increase the mem voltage and at some point the MCH voltage. If you are running the rate timings on the mem (DDR675 @ 3-3-2-8?) you should be able to set it to 2.10V and leave it...AUTO might be a little low.

i crashed again..

windows says its a device problem..

im re-installing OS.. WILL TRY LONGHORN..

then try to do better driver installs..

dont think i did things well the first time around..

so is 6060 as a CPU score ok.. ?

xp-120? was thinking of getting xp-90c? you think this will be fine?

Last edited:
been having crashes still when i run pcmark.

im thinking its on the OS side, more on driver conflicts rather than OCing.

am running test individually to single out which of the test causes my pc to reboot.

scores.

CPU= 6084
MEMORY=7479

will post other results tomorrow..later i mean its close to 2am and i still have to work at 7am

God.. im killing myself with this and i have you guys to blame..
:bang head

Back