• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 9800 GTX+ OC Specs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

armored22

Here are my 9800 GTX+ specs. Should i stay with my current settings or do you think i could push it more? (See picture below).

So far it has been running great with no errors/problems/artifacts once so ever. Also been playing a lot of Assassin's Creed 2 with full settings for the past 3 days. Just got the game ^^ The settings have been running for about a week now, playing lots of high end games over the last week from Bad Company, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Resident Evil 5, Just Cause 2, Dark Void, Cryostasis, Fall Out 3, DiRT 2, L4D2, Terminator Salvation all of these games with max settings and all running flawlessly with no problems.

My GPU idle temp is 38-40 Deg C, with a peak load of 58-60 Deg C after playing for hours. My Fan Speed is normally set to 100% when playing, and auto @ 30% Fan Speed when idling. (When idling @ 100% Fan Speed i can get down to 30-28 Deg C)

My Full PC Specs are:

MOBO: ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E7500 Wolfdale 2.93GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor

Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
-Kingston HyperX 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 Desktop Memory (x2)

Hard Drive: HITACHI Deskstar 7K1000.C HDS721010CLA332 (0F10383)
1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

PSU: OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ550FTY 550W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V SLI Ready
80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

GPU: EVGA 512-P3-N871-AR GeForce 9800 GTX+ Video Card - 512MB GDDR3,
PCI Express 2.0, SLI Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8

Tower Case: Cooler Master (Nvidia) NV-690C-KWN2-GP

Fans: 4 Cooler Master 120mm BLUE LED Fans. (2 intake: Top&Front) 2 exhaust(Rear&Side))

Attachments

• 9800OCTest.jpg
    9800OCTest.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 889
  • 9800GTX+ Settings.gif
    9800GTX+ Settings.gif
    258.5 KB · Views: 896
looks like a decent oc, I have 2 of them that will do 1240 pretty reliably on the mem.

Nice. Seeing this thread has actually peaked my interest. About a year ago, I just stopped oc'ing my vid card and ran it at stock since, but I am currently in the process of finding max stable clocks, so I will post results when I'm done. :D

Edit: Here are my results.

Core Scaling: .282 points/mhz
CoreSpeedScaling.jpg

Shader Scaling: .809 points/mhz
ShaderSpeedScaling.jpg

Memory Scaling: .965 points/mhz
MemorySpeedScaling.jpg

As you can see, memory has almost 1:1 scaling, unfortunately, my ram topped out at 1270 before causing a driver failure. Hope it helps.

Last edited:
I was pushing the memory clock to 1300MHz all day today and still got the same results. So maybe 1300MHz is safe? Still gonna do some testing see if it can handle a solid 2-3 days of extreme gaming.

Right now I'm testing;

Core Clock: 850
Shader Clock: 2225
Memory Clock: 1300
Fan Speed: 100%
Idle Temp: 38 Deg C
Load Temp: 40 Deg C

After running the Heaven Benchmark (Alt Tabed out of Assassin's Creed 2 to run the benchmark) The pic below are the new specs I'm testing. Been playing AC2 on these specs for a few hours and alt tabed my game to run Heaven 2.0 i can't seem to get my GPU to even go over 40 Deg C now....Even with full GPU load. Is this normal?

Do you think i should push my GPU this hard? Would you guys just recommend staying at my settings i posted above? Still very new to OCing.

I don't understand how I'm getting such low temps which such high OC specs. Any answers to why that is would be awesome.

I did a one full cycle of Heaven 2.0 benchmark test with ONLY 30% fan speed JUST to see if i could reach the 50 Deg C mark. Assassin's Creed 2 was loaded in the background (Alt Tabed out of it to run the test)

Attachments

• oc1a.gif
    oc1a.gif
    17.7 KB · Views: 824
  • oc1b.gif
    oc1b.gif
    12.4 KB · Views: 815
Last edited:
I'm not sure. But your gpu load is right where it should be (high 90's) which means you aren't throttling. I would just be happy that you have such solid temps!

The program I used to do all my research was furmark 1.8.2. Try firing that up for a 60 second benchmark sesh. It will show you temps and if tell if your clocks are too high (artifacts/driver error.)

Edit: I forgot to mention my top stable scores and they are a little hard to interpret from the graphs but it was: 855/2055/1270(2540).

I was told that furmark can cause damage to your GPU?

New to all the OC tools out there so not sure if that's true or not just what i read somewhere.

Yeah i lost a X1900XTX to furmark, well it stil lworked but it had artifacts alll the time, even at stock and below stock settings, it was effed/

:shrug: I've been running it for a while now. And if you look at the graphs, I ran well over eighty, one minute benchmarks. That is 100% load on and off for about a two and a half hours counting cool down time in between. IMO, that isn't much worse than gaming for a hour.

Its just the software itself that can cause more harm then good to your GPU and PC overall. Been reading more on it, you can google something like "Can Furmark damage my GPU?" theres a lot of cases where people have said it has broke their GPU and other components.

If you actually look on the furmark website, it shows you damage on peoples' cards. I just use it because it's a very effective way to load the card and most games will never push cards that hard. :shrug: Just my suggestion.

If you actually look on the furmark website, it shows you damage on peoples' cards. I just use it because it's a very effective way to load the card and most games will never push cards that hard. :shrug: Just my suggestion.

Furmark just scares me is all :cry:

Back