• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Amd 960t is showing up as unknown after i tried to return it to 4 cores

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kez21

hey when i got my processor i decided to try the unlock feature on my asus motherboard and it unlocked my 960t to 5 cores, i was rather happy with this and i used my pc like this for about a month. i then released it was quite slow on launch so i thought the extra core might be causing me trouble so i disabled it and after that my computer launched much much faster, but it when i looked at my system specs it show up as amd unknown model

here are my system specs

Asus M5A78L/USB3 motherboard
Amd phenom ii 960T
8gb Ram
Asus gtx 560
Corsair 500W CX V2 PSU

i want to return my cpu to its origonal state and then overclock it to help me run guildwars 2 better, can anyone help?

There are generally two bios line items that pertain to core unlocking. The main one, often called Advanced Clock Calibration or "ACC", is the big switch that turns on core unlocking. Then there is generally a bios item under that one that gives the ability to unlock or lock individual cores. Make sure ACC is disabled. That should disable the other one too.

There are generally two bios line items that pertain to core unlocking. The main one, often called Advanced Clock Calibration or "ACC", is the big switch that turns on core unlocking. Then there is generally a bios item under that one that gives the ability to unlock or lock individual cores. Make sure ACC is disabled. That should disable the other one too.

If the "core unlock" as it is called on my motherboard is enabled, HWMonitor won't read my temps right. Found that out when it said 0C across all 6 cores.

Thank you so much, i turned ACC off and now it shows up as the correct model.

Back