• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My ASROCK 970 extreme4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pooty

I'm having a weird problem with my mobo. i buy a microphone, plug it in, it initializes just fine, and works :) a few days later the mic doesn't work any more. it just doesn't seem recognize it. i then bought a cheap logitech headset and had the same problem with the mic. the speakers still work fine, just the mic doesn't work, after a period of working fine. (Both mics still work fine on any other computer). the logitech headset came with a 3.5mm jack to USB thingy and the problem is the same weather using front or back 3.5mm or any of the USB ports. i eventually bought a nice expensive Steelseries headset and the same sort of issue occurred, only this time headset speakers don't work either, although the pretty LED's in it do. I don't have a spare sound card to test. normal desk stereo speakers work fine without this complication

Any Ideas on why they work fine then stop working, but still work in other pc's, and an other headset/mic would work fine in this pc..... for a while at least??

I'm having a weird problem with my mobo. i buy a microphone, plug it in, it initializes just fine, and works :) a few days later the mic doesn't work any more. it just doesn't seem recognize it. i then bought a cheap logitech headset and had the same problem with the mic. the speakers still work fine, just the mic doesn't work, after a period of working fine. (Both mics still work fine on any other computer). the logitech headset came with a 3.5mm jack to USB thingy and the problem is the same weather using front or back 3.5mm or any of the USB ports. i eventually bought a nice expensive Steelseries headset and the same sort of issue occurred, only this time headset speakers don't work either, although the pretty LED's in it do. I don't have a spare sound card to test. normal desk stereo speakers work fine without this complication Yeah, but you're not plugging the speakers into the same jack as the headphones/mic are you?

Any Ideas on why they work fine then stop working, but still work in other pc's, and an other headset/mic would work fine in this pc..... for a while at least??

My guess is its an audio driver or SB chipset driver problem. Keep checking ASRock's website for new drivers.

Hi mate i had the same problem when i installed new nvidia driver it installed the nvidia sound drivers. It appears to be a conflict. I just ran driver sweeper sorted the problem for me. Good luck

Back