• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My clock goes back 2 hours from time to time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eaglepi

I realize that when the system clock starts to lose time that is a sign that the CMOS battery needs to be replaced. My problem is different, it isn't losing time but instead going back 2 hours exactly.

This has happened about 5 or 6 times since I did a fresh install of Win 7 64 bit 4 months ago. If I was losing time as in 5,10 or 30 minutes I would think it was the CMOS battery without doubt but something tells me it isn't the CMOS battery, there are no other signs of a low CMOS battery whatsoever.

Is there a way to check the CMOS battery in my BIOS to see what voltage it is ?

I have a Asus P7P55d-E

Do anyone have any idea what could be going on?

I'd be surprised if the motherboard had a circuit the test the voltage of the CMOS battery.

Have you set the time in the BIOS to see if it sticks better? If that doesn't work, set the time in the BIOS and leave the system sitting in the BIOS. If it reverts, it is likely the battery. If it doesn't, it could be the OS install or a program changing it (time sync, etc).

First check to make sure the time zone is set correctly. Next try re-registering the Time Service by typing the following commands at an elevated command prompt...

net stop w32time
w32tm.exe /unregister
w32tm.exe /register
net start w32time

Back