• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Cmstacker case mod..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trickson

sidejy2.jpg

dsci0005ov4.jpg

dsci0004dk0.jpg

dsci0002at0.jpg

dsci0001nu1.jpg

dsci0002fu0.jpg

dsci0001qb8.jpg

So what do you think?

OK.

I decopaged the side panels . First I took pic's of the game PREY and I printed them all out I then glued them to the panels . after they dryed for about 24 hours I took the panels and put varnish on them about 3 couts so far . I need more .. I cut the side panels window out of plexiglass and also cut out the thing that was there first . it was a grated fan holed . I then took the top and cut a 8x10 hole and put a glass top on it . the wireing was all done by hand and I have to sheath it all . . what els would you like to know about what I have done ?
I will post ne day pic's as soon as I can find my camras holder for the tri pod . I do not know where it is !!

President! said:
There's a lot going on there, visually, but overall I like it :D
Yeah well I want ed more of a on pic but I can seem to get my printer to get me that one poster sided pic so I had to go this way with it ..

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
Very nice case, VERY nice.
Thank you and it is about to get a new video card as well .. Rather a second one for an SLI's 7800 setup !
If you look you see a funny thing LIKE a scoop on the bottom fan to the uper video crad this is to take the HOT air that is blowing off the video card and take it out through the bottom of the case . there are 2 fans there I am hoping the the 2n'd video card will fit fine I am going toput the power conector through the hole that I cut in the top of it and therfore take all the heat from the video cards down And out !

My question is how the heck did you cut a round window in plexiglass? I have trouble cutting a straight line in the stuff, I wouldnt even dream of doing a curve!

Oroka Sempai said:
My question is how the heck did you cut a round window in plexiglass? I have trouble cutting a straight line in the stuff, I wouldnt even dream of doing a curve!

Wait, wouldnt he just cut a square pice and tape it to the back side like everyone else? Double sided tape FTMFW!!! ty 3m!!!
Granted on my window i not only had a very irregular shape... i found getting an odd shape propperly tinted was much harder than cutting it.

EDIT: Its a nice case, just too bussy for my tastes though. Dont take offence though, i think lian li casses are too bussy.

Sleepy_Steve said:
Wait, wouldnt he just cut a square pice and tape it to the back side like everyone else? Double sided tape FTMFW!!! ty 3m!!!
Granted on my window i not only had a very irregular shape... i found getting an odd shape propperly tinted was much harder than cutting it.

EDIT: Its a nice case, just too bussy for my tastes though. Dont take offence though, i think lian li casses are too bussy.
No I did not do that . I in fact CUT the side window out with a dremal and if you look closely you may see the screws holding it in place . I will send pic of them soon . Juat ao you know it is a realy rounded cut .
Very hard to do and took a steedy hand and a long time as well about 1 hour to do it freehand ! :beer:

Take a good look there are 6 of thies they are screws the "bump/ridge is where the old panel was screwed to now I also had to drill hole for each one and that was realy hard to do but I did it .
this shot maynot look great but it gives you the idea of what I had to do to do it right .

dsci0012wd6.jpg

well I thought I would update my thread with thies pic's . now you can see my SLI setup .
That plastic scoop at the back is to keep the air flowing out the bottom of the case and keep the case col it works great to . :beer:
dsci0005xi4.jpg

dsci0006iw9.jpg

I had a hard time making this thing I took an old fan cut out the housing and used it as a stand then I had to attach it to the fan on the bottom with long screws and wallah it really helps keep the temps of both cards down and the system over all as well. :bday:

Just thought I would let you all in on the changes .
I put my JING TING back on (It was not an easy task ). But I did it and I just love it far better than the stock P.O.S. that DFI uses for there ChipSet now my ChipSet temps don't get above 47c !!!
dsci0001we2.jpg

dsci0002md7.jpg

dsci0005nc1.jpg

dsci0006sb9.jpg

Now all I have to do is get thies wires all rounded up and then it will look even nicer ! :clap:

Back