• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Computer Build: Need Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Do you have specific programs optimized for the hexacore? Otherwise, a Sandy Bridge build will be more effective.

With those video cards you need to do a full custom water loop.

I wanted to do the same thing with the intel/evga/corsair theme... but corsair SSD's are having huge issues especially the series 3. you would have to go with the Force GT 120 or like I did the OCZ 120 Vertex 3. In the end I decided I wanted my computer to work more than having issues with the SSD. If you go on corsair forums you will see they are still having issues even after the recall... My whole build is corsair/evga/intel with the exception of the hard drives

If you go on corsair forums you will see they are still having issues even after the recall...

Forums are always going to be full of complaints, people don't typically post on a manufacturer forum if they have zero issues.
Also, the recall only affected the Force 3 120GB drive. Any other sizes and the ForceGT series are fine. OCZ also has the highest DOA rate among SSD's (which is something like 2%, nothing compared to hard drives.)

Normally brand loyalty is a bad thing. They're all extremely good companies, but in all cases you pay a premium for their products.

Yes forums are full of complaints, but newegg reviews have the same results. And the problem with the Force GT 120 is that a good amount of users are having to wait for a firmware update as they have to unplug their drive and reset cmos once a week for their drive to even be recognized. Im not saying OCZ doesnt have its faults, they have issues with firmware as well, but it's not nearly as widespread as the Force series 3 120 issue. And one thing that bothers me about that is that the replacement drives have the same serial numbers as the recalled drives, but corsair says don't pay attention to it, use the serial number on the box. When it came down to making my choice the between the Force GT and Vertex 3 I went to newegg reviews and forums which helped me decide.

Very few people at OCF give Newegg reviews much credit at all.

But by no means are Vertex 3s a bad drive. I have a Vertex 2 and have had zero issues at all. :thup:

Back