• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my computer seems screwed up after putting in watercooling system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Gotta watch it. If you know you killed the card it would not be exactly ethical to RMA the card. Well, at least without notifying them of what happened.

I would also look ON the video card, to see if anything is shorting out stuff on it.

I good cleaning will sometimes help....

yea I think a thorough cleaning would suffice...turns out the problem may have been caused by an excess of thermal compound on the GPU that squirted out a bit to the sides and it's probably shorting out the rest of the circuit within the little block...i'll try cleaning that with some rubbing alcohol later today and see if that was the problem..if not..it's RMA time! w00t lol

guess what guys? the cleaning didn't work..the card's messed up..i've already begun the RMA process...waiting for zipzoomfly's response

good news...RMA went through...now I just have to mail that thing back to them and wait for a new one..then we should be good to go :)

Back