• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My condensation fix

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Man.. that is funny. I took a look at my res to see if I had any pollutants and I seen ICE!! I didn't think it would get that cold. I just put a dab of havoline Anti freeze in it.

NuebieN said:
Man.. that is funny. I took a look at my res to see if I had any pollutants and I seen ICE!! I didn't think it would get that cold. I just put a dab of havoline Anti freeze in it.

heheh, the green kind righ? :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

well i REALLY!!!! hope i get an extra 100 bones so i can make an awesome rig like urs :)

whats a good one of em friges that dont vibrate or make crazy noizes when they turn on and off? because i got one but there is no way that i can sleep with it on, and im getting a mobo tray to cut into the frige, then im gonna watercool it inside the frige, that means no condensation cince the air and cpu temp are about the same....
i want one of em small friges, becuase my dad wont let me rip apart this one, cuz its his...... so i wanna buy one when i get money.

Mine's a Kenmoore. It barely makes a sound. My setup is much more quiet then it was with a cpu fan.

NuebieN said:
Mine's a Kenmoore. It barely makes a sound. My setup is much more quiet then it was with a cpu fan.

well ill probly use Very quiet fans on the frigde.. i may even 7v mod my 120mm fans :) 39db is still to loud.. ;)

sub ambient temps and u only get 200 mhz outta the cpu??

u got a bum core? or u just not pushing it?

Ottoman said:

u got a bum core? or u just not pushing it?

well 900mhz tbird dont OC that good from what ive seen, i dont think ive seen ov35 1150 w/o extreme cooling/vcore.. i maybe wrong tho..

When my compressor overheated, I read the amps on it when it started back up with my amprobe. It was like 1.2. It's rated for .8 amps. I put two 120 mm 85 cfm fans on it and it went back down to like .85 amps. (Higher the temps, higher the pressure, harder the compressor has to work, higher the amps) I took of the fans off and it stayed the same. I put a house fan on it, stayed the same. I took everything off of it and it went back up.

Point I'm trying to make is it will probably be fine as long as you got some air moving on it. To make sure, I would put an amprobe to test it. You could end up killing the compressor if it worked to hard for too long.

CPU sucks. That's all it'll do without a volt mod. I gotta 1700+ on the way now. Hope I can get a good oc with that. I'll be really depressed if I can't. hehe.

Last edited:
NuebieN said:
When my compressor overheated, I read the amps on it when it started back up with my amprobe. It was like 1.2. It's rated for .8 amps. I put two 120 mm 85 cfm fans on it and it went back down to like .85 amps. (Higher the temps, higher the pressure, harder the compressor has to work, higher the amps) I took of the fans off and it stayed the same. I put a house fan on it, stayed the same. I took everything off of it and it went back up.

Point I'm trying to make is it will probably be fine as long as you got some air moving on it. To make sure, I would put an amprobe to test it. You could end up killing the compressor if it worked to hard for too long.

i have a multi-meter, but im not to sure of an amprobe? u got a pic of one? my meter is pretty good, im sure it cost my moms bf a good couple pennies..

Sry if im buggin to much.. i ask alot of q's.. it makes me sound dumb.. but i like like to get others opions and info to view against mine.. so im just looking to get good advice :)

can i ask something?? whats the point of having ur temps at -2 and 12 when u cant OC ur cpu to get it anywhere near 20 c or 30 c i mean if u could OC a 1.2 to 2.0 then i can understand all this but ur geting 12 c i mean was it really worth all this a CPU will run really good at 35c under 30 is really overkill or is there a resson behind all this.. i think u have all got what i think i might be geting where u build it and u get about 7 c lower temp then u think well if i add another 120 mm fan in there maybe i can lower my case temp and get my cpu 3 c lower.. even though 37 c is just fine..

NuebieN said:

I'll try to answer that the best I can. I'm not sure how I am supposed to know how many watts (heat?) my cpu is producing. Please explain. But my temps go down to about 12-13c and stay there. I would really like to know how you're getting yours down to -2c. I'm still tweaking things so maybe I'm not that far off. Also keep me updated on that on core evaporator.
You can get your wattage by using Radiate;
http://www.overclockers.com/articles430/
I have a write-up at http://www.overclockers.com/tips777/
It's an ordinary fridge but is R12 based. I have also found a very interesting refrigerant called R411B details of its specs can be found at; http://www.greencool.co.uk/
I have used 2x80mm fans on the compressor and have it running at about 40C but had not problems with it overheating. It runs about 14 hours a day. The coolant stabilises at -17C. The addition of the antifreeze really reduces the thermal transfer. Was running 10C difference between the coolant and core temp with plain water and now running 15C with the mixture.

Tiger said:

You can get your wattage by using Radiate;
http://www.overclockers.com/articles430/
I have a write-up at http://www.overclockers.com/tips777/
It's an ordinary fridge but is R12 based. I have also found a very interesting refrigerant called R411B details of its specs can be found at; http://www.greencool.co.uk/
I have used 2x80mm fans on the compressor and have it running at about 40C but had not problems with it overheating. It runs about 14 hours a day. The coolant stabilises at -17C. The addition of the antifreeze really reduces the thermal transfer. Was running 10C difference between the coolant and core temp with plain water and now running 15C with the mixture.

very cool... id like to get 1.9ghz from my 1900+ maybe more if i can do a vcore mod.. and unlock my chip..
do u have aim tiger? id like some advice on what i should do, if i could talk to you one on one, its at least faster then the forums.
im looking for a really good well thought out water cooling system, and i could spend up to 200 bucks (i have the main water stuff allready)..

i have a multi-meter, but im not to sure of an amprobe? u got a pic of one? my meter is pretty good, im sure it cost my moms bf a good couple pennies..
Dude.. been waiting for someone to ask about my setup.
And you KNOW how much I hate to take pictures.

This is my amprobe/multimeter. U can buy a cheap amprobe for about 30 bucks I think

can i ask something?? whats the point of having ur temps at -2 and 12 when u cant OC ur cpu to get it anywhere near 20 c or 30 c i mean if u could OC a 1.2 to 2.0 then i can understand all this but ur geting 12 c i mean was it really worth all this a CPU will run really good at 35c under 30 is really overkill or is there a resson behind all this.. i think u have all got what i think i might be geting where u build it and u get about 7 c lower temp then u think well if i add another 120 mm fan in there maybe i can lower my case temp and get my cpu 3 c lower.. even though 37 c is just fine..

I first set up a typical watercooling set up. I got my tbird 900 to do 1000 barely stable. I got it chilly now and it does 1100. From my embaressing knowledge of basic physics, I believe that heat builds resistance. Lower the heat, lower the resistance, increase the flow of all those little instructions going on in that cpu.

Any questions?

NuebieN said:
Dude.. been waiting for someone to ask about my setup.
And you KNOW how much I hate to take pictures.

This is my amprobe/multimeter. U can buy a cheap amprobe for about 30 bucks I think

u hate taking pictures? so am i buggin ya with the 2000 questions?

NuebieN said:
Not at all.. And that was sarcasm about taking pictures. :)

ok good, im REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY looking for ppl on here to give me one on one advice/chat about this stuff.. no offence to anyone, but i cant ever get my q's answered.. altho u did to a few ive been wondering for months and thanks you.

go go to www.aim.com and DL AIM!!!!! i need more ppl on there to chat with.. the 40 i have now arent online enough to help me :)

AOL is Satan.
Welp gonna crash now. It's 3:12 am here and I'm tired. Glad I could help.

NuebieN said:
AOL is Satan.
Welp gonna crash now. It's 3:12 am here and I'm tired. Glad I could help.

aohell...
but come on... Alot of ppl use Aim, its cool.. i need more ppl to bug on there.. my buddys now are getting tired of me always iming them about pc crap ;)

Back