• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My current hyper 212 mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oerllikon

Registered
Hey guys, still new to the forums. I have been running my rig as it is for about a month now, it was officially my first ground up build. Im waiting on water cooling parts now, but I have a CM hyper 212 as many of us probably do. It comes with an 86 CFM fan if memory serves. I searched fleabay for a 120 mm fan that moved maximum air. I found one that moves 200 cfm. Its freakin loud, but it did drop my temps around 7*C during a little informal testing.

Another little mod I did was put duct tape to cover the gap between the fan and the fins. When the fan comes from the factory its in a pusher configuration, and there is a noticeable leak in that area. Ugly? Yes. Effective? I certainly hope so. Im a poor college student, so budget is always issue.

2012-11-06_23-36-43_599.jpg

Its an adda fan, I would but because im running AMD I can only have it blowing up or down which sucks. I think intel guys can run them like you mentioned

Its an adda fan, I would but because im running AMD I can only have it blowing up or down which sucks. I think intel guys can run them like you mentioned

You can mount it in any of the four directions on either AMD or Intel. When I installed mine I played around with it until I figured that aiming it toward the back of the case would be the best option.

You can mount it in any of the four directions on either AMD or Intel. When I installed mine I played around with it until I figured that aiming it toward the back of the case would be the best option.
I agree, can you get the x clamp around the heat pipes? Ill try it now

Just did it, such a close fit that i wouldnt have tried it otherwise. Im stress testing as we speak, thx for the tip!

EDIT: seemed to drop my temps another couple of degrees, thanks guys!

Last edited:
Back