• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Dream Machine Finally Finished *PIX*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Speaking of Apple slogans:
-"We're all different!"
-"I'm not!"

Say no more...

(To those of you who don't get the joke: I'm sorry, but if you don't recognise which movie it's from, you have a long way to go. If you know which movie and still don't get it, all hope is lost and I know which country you're from.)

That's one who didn't get...:)
But since you're from the US, I reckon you just don't know which movie I mean.
Here's another clue: "What have the Romans ever done for us?"

(Nothing to do with that awesome rig of yours, though.)

Wow, that is so awesome.

Man, now I'm going to have to rewire my computer. I just rewired it to clean it up, but I didn't think about hiding everything behind the motherboard.

That's awesome, great job.

WOW! Awesome rig! We sell those at work (we've got the blue one right now) and we aren't particular to the case by any means, however, hats off to you - you made that case look real purty.

Really impressed by the white ccfls and the blue dye. You should be quite proud!

strages, what do you mean by "we sell those at work?" sell that case? where do you work?

liquid, that case is so clean... soooo clean. great job

I still dont understand how the drive stealthing works...how do you open them from the outside?

sir_LOIN said:
Very nice and clean setup! Wish I could do the same with my wires.

I'll bet you could do the same with your wires...with a coolermaster case that is. the removable mobo tray setup creates a larger than normal gap between the mobo tray and the side panel of the case. I think that's right. I have a Coolermaster Praetorian and am able to do the same thing, but I haven't done as nice of a job though.

btw...
Liquid_Cooled
where are your HDD's? Is that it above the IDE's? What are you doing with the 3.5" bay space?

yup, the harddrive is above the cd drives, im using it with the zalman heatpipe cooler. the hydor L30 is occupying the 3.5" bay space, the tubing occupies most of the space so i cant mount anything in the bays.

Did you mean my harddrive is quiet or my whole setup? yes, my harddrive is very quiet, its a seagate barracuda 7200.7. and yes, my whole system is very quiet. all my fans are Panaflo L1A's and the 120mm panaflo L1A is at 7V. I even had to put a rheobus on the Abit OTES fan. Im also using a 560W SilenX PSU (14db).

The whole system is inaudible until you go within 4 feet of it, then youll hear a slight hum from the pump.

i really think your heat problems are because of the lack of air flow through the entire case, the water cooling setup is great, but in the end, you pretty much have a sealed box, which is just generating heat, have you tried to even just take the side panel off and measure some temps? i think that you will be very surprised to find out what happens. i know that you are going for a silent setup, and your temps are not that bad, but i had those temps when i had my stock intel cooling on my processor running at 3.4. but ultimatly its up to you, i love your setup it is awesome, and your case is driving me towards sleeving and h2o'in my computer. anyway i think that you should experiment with your temps, and possibly do something with your airflow :)

:) Chaser is right, taking the panel off the cases drop the temps about 5c. BUT, i forgot to mention, i put a switch on one of my PCI slot. It lets me switch between 7v and 12v for the 120mm fan on the rad. I turn it on when my cpu reaches 45c or above, if i leave it on 12v, my temps are around 36 idle, 40 load. oh yea, i rechecked my temps, the temps i posted befor werent accurate, here are my new temps:

CPU: 38 idle, 42 load @ 7v
NB: 34c idle, 36 load
Case: 32 idle, 34 load
GPU: 36 idle, 44 load

extremely nice computer. i wish i had a computer that looked that nice. better keep ur doors locked cause i just might walk in and walk out with it in my hands ;)

aiight, thats seems pretty good, maybee even get one of those slot fans just to get more hot air out, those arnt even that loud?

Back