• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first build- gaming pc up to $1000, looking for suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Only other thing would be to switch the BIOS default output to PEG instead of Onboard

All right, I got the graphics card installed. It was actually really easy. When I tried it back in December, I was wiring it wrong. I had one plug from the modular power supply to the card, the other input of the card was being connected to the mother board with an adapter. I don't know if that was why the whole computer didn't start up or not.

I didn't see an option in my bios to switch the default integrated graphics to the graphics card, but the pc started up automatically using the new card. And it is amazing how much improvement there was just in Legend of Grimrock. Running on maximimum settings was so smooth with the new card, and ran so much better tan the integrated card.

Anyways, now everything is running, and my project is finally complete! I want to thank everybody who took the time to help me, and everyone involved in the how to build your own computer thread. At the start, I wasn't sure I'd be able to do it, but we got it done.

Back