• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My First Creation (runs well, but. . . )

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
But hey I feel for the Europeans im going back there this summer. And man you better economize and buy a friggin Japanese car because a gallon of gase hovers at about 4-5 American Dollars fellas.

My big American Ford is a real gas hog, I couldnt afford a computer with my car and how much I drive at 5 bucks a gallon.

While we spend 1.40 a gallon, all I gotta say is im glad i live here, but Europe is nice... just different, cept for the time I saw a dude ****ing on some guys car, I saw a lot of people just urinating anywhere they felt like. This was in Paris, so I dont know about England.

so id be economical to if I lived there.

yep.

think american - big gas-guzzling v8. 5mpg
think european - 2litre turbo that is more efficiant, handles better, and will kick the v8's backside into touch

btw england isnt as bad as paris. not nearly as bad. lol

your ambient temp is 46c!!? WTF! how are you still alive? do you live in the middle of the sahara or something

yeh 46c ambient? geez man do you have the heating on full whack alll the time or something or do you like in the middle of the desert?

Well I live in f**cking Florida, so yeah. Our room temp is about 75 F. Earlier I had the case in a box enclosure in my desk, now it is pulled out to the side. I have made a few final (i think) modifications that I think will do me well. My final setup is:

I ditched the modded Thermaltake 5000rpm fan, too much extra noise. I have 3 2600rpm fans for intake. Also I installed a 3 x 40mm fan setup in a 5.25" bay as intake (left the HD bracket off). Finally there is another intake fan in a PCI slot blowing on my vid-card. In a few days I will be installing a 120mm blowhole fan in place of the 80mm hole. For this I am using a 120mm Vantec Stealth (1500RPM, 53CFM, 28dBA, 2 ball bearings).

Right now I have the 5000rpm fan unplugged and it it significantly quieter. All I hear is the Tornado humming (loud, but tolerable).

Any suggestions to quiet the case vibrations? Would nylon washers between the fans and the case help? Any suggestions on where to get cheap acoustic paneling for my non-windowed side and top & bottom?

thanks for the advice

Hey dont be slammin American cars. My Dad was born in France he lived in Germany for a while in High School, them Germans loved Big *** American Cars.

My car does about 18 MPG. Used to own a Civic, really tiny. I like my big *** car and my big *** american roads.

Can I get an Amen?

My car is no Hot Rod but, I sure as hell wouldnt be beat by a mini or a Renault or somthing like that. And BTW Japanese cars are more efficient and last way longer than the British cars. My 84 Civic was working on 200,000 miles without anything being replaced.

And my car is an '85, you dont see many 19 year old college students driving in a 2002 Dodge Viper.

Aston Martin thats another story, I love those Astons.

Hey If I had to buy gas at 5 bucks a gallon Id be paying 80 dollars a fill up! instead of my usual $20.

and about that Heat, same here for a while but
Man it just started getting cool here in California a few weeks ago. It was about time, its was 85F at night in my house.

Cant imagine Florida, its almost always hot there.

FSUJustin I just recieved one of those nexus multi panels and it is great. It was a preorder also and I got it delivered at the house 8 days after placeing the order. It is a great unit and looks good. I dont know if you have a black case to match the bus panel you linked to but that is something to think about.
James Miller As for removing fans until you get a acceptable temp; What if you want to OC a bit more & more. You would have to add fans sooner or later. With todays rheobus' you can put the fans in and leave run low until you want to crank up that fsb.
As for the car thing lets compare apples to apples. A caddie sts or a mzb. hhhmmm both big moters and the caddie is well a caddie. About 1/3 less in cost then a comparible (sp) Mzb and about the same gas milage. Want to talk sporty OK how about a Mustang SVO compared to a comprable priced BMW. No ? the SVO smokes the BMW 3 series. Preformance how about a Viper and a Farrarie F4 Ok the F4 smokes the Viper but not by much and costs 2x (or more)as much. And my ford ranger pickup has 265,000 miles on it and still going. Nuff said

its not posible to have higher ambient temps then case/cpu temps im pretty shure i think and umm.... im pretty shure ur ambient temps ARE NOT 46c... i think that would be like 105f.... i think u would be likedead or somthen living at that temp....

FSUJustin I just recieved one of those nexus multi panels and it is great. It was a preorder also and I got it delivered at the house 8 days after placeing the order. It is a great unit and looks good. I dont know if you have a black case to match the bus panel you linked to but that is something to think about.
James Miller As for removing fans until you get a acceptable temp; What if you want to OC a bit more & more. You would have to add fans sooner or later. With todays rheobus' you can put the fans in and leave run low until you want to crank up that fsb.
As for the car thing lets compare apples to apples. A caddie sts or a mzb. hhhmmm both big moters and the caddie is well a caddie. About 1/3 less in cost then a comparible (sp) Mzb and about the same gas milage. Want to talk sporty OK how about a Mustang SVO compared to a comprable priced BMW. No ? the SVO smokes the BMW 3 series. Preformance how about a Viper and a Farrarie F4 Ok the F4 smokes the Viper but not by much and costs 2x (or more)as much. And my ford ranger pickup has 265,000 miles on it and still going. Nuff said

Now..... Can I get an Amen?

Dont forget the fastest street car in the world

Mclaren F1... smokes them all...

Amen

Back