• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first time... (Giggity)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpykeJuggalo

So this is my first time water cooling a pc, other then a pre assembled cpu block & radiator. My main concern at the moment is my pump position / flow direction. As you can see in the picture attached even in the haf 932 I'm running out of space. Id like to mount the pump directly under the reservoir, kinda in the spot its sitting, problem is I want it to sit facing out like it is, but then it pushes up into the res, and my fill & loop will connect to the top of the reservoir.

WP_20160329_17_36_17_Pro.jpg

Is this ok? Ive read it doesn't matter about flow order, or position much, but I have concerns with the pump going into the res & against my fill, and the reservoir will need to be filled up all the way to push up. Id like to not have to get 90s for both in & out on the pump

Attachments

• WP_20160329_17_36_17_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160329_17_36_17_Pro.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Reservoir should feed the pump inlet. If you want it to sit the way you have it invest in the 90s and be done with it.

Reservoir should feed the pump inlet. If you want it to sit the way you have it invest in the 90s and be done with it.

+1 This.

Also, not sure I'd use the top fill port as a return unless you get some sort of T-line so you can be able to fill and return. And don't forget to setup a drain at the lowest point of the loop for easier maintenance.

+1 This.

Also, not sure I'd use the top fill port as a return unless you get some sort of T-line so you can be able to fill and return. And don't forget to setup a drain at the lowest point of the loop for easier maintenance.

I've got a fill port > T < top radiator, T > reservoir and I plan to drain out the pump, it will be lowest point in loop

Back