• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new build {many pics coming so 56k beware!}

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, but you have diminishing returns. More drives doesn't mean an increase in performance once you hit a certain number. I'd say 2 is the sweet spot, get the rest is mass storage (1tb drives).

But I dont really need mass storage. Im thinking of something else now...how about 2 raptors raid 0 and 2 320 gigs raid 0. Is that possible?

Cuz I still want them to be fast. :p
For what? You are not really putting much thought behind this.

RAID0 means a much higher chance of failure. If you have two raptors in RAID0, that is way more than enough for the OS and many many games.

But I have backup OCD, and I am willing to choose higher failure rates for more speed...actually...nah, ill stick with a 500 gig drive for my movies etc, and ill use my crazy raptors for speed and benches.

But I have backup OCD, and I am willing to choose higher failure rates for more speed...actually...nah, ill stick with a 500 gig drive for my movies etc, and ill use my crazy raptors for speed and benches.
I'm sorry, but if you had backup OCD (like me), you would never ever put any data that you want to keep on RAID0. I have at least 3-4 backups of everything, they are on different computers and removable media (external drives, cd's, etc).

I'm sorry, but if you had backup OCD (like me), you would never ever put any data that you want to keep on RAID0. I have at least 3-4 backups of everything, they are on different computers and removable media (external drives, cd's, etc).

Whoah, thats a pretty severe case right there. :eek:

Rest of the pics, sorry for multiple posts!

DSCN5520.jpg

DSCN5518.jpg

DSCN5517.jpg

DSCN5516.jpg

DSCN5515.jpg

DSCN5513.jpg

DSCN5514.jpg

Try carbonite, its a pretty cool offsite backup, I was about to use it but I didnt have any cash lul.
I only trust myself with my data. Offsite will be used with my own hardware and no one would have access to it. ;)

</offtopic>

Try carbonite, its a pretty cool offsite backup, I was about to use it but I didnt have any cash lul.

For my degree coursework I have the following: A back up folder on my PC (in case one gets eaten by a virus), back up on memory stick, paper copy, copy on the university network and a dvd back up. Thats back up OCD lol:beer:

Back