• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my new gaming rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're obviously either not reading or not comprehending what I am saying.
Have fun thinking I killed your chip when I didn't. I'm out.

you you where telling me its gonna hit tj max ? and lock down risking a chip ?
i never allow my cpu to go after 85c
you said it will be fine and you where wrong .
i would blame mc if he told my son to eat 10 sandwiches every day and
it will harm him
you are not being a good judge and he was mistaking .

you're thinking of the old AMD chips that would actually burn up. Intel chips won't, they will throttle and shut down.

You're being horribly dramatic here, especially when you say someone (other than yourself) should be responsible for your $2,000 PC because YOU ran a benchmark that heated your CPU. Maybe they assumed there was more knowledge here than they should have, but that's not something they, nor OCF is liable for.

You need to get away from your computer, take a breath, maybe take a walk.

yes but he was mistaken and he did not knew or say it will hit max temp
now he learned and he want to run away with it testing on my chip .
i ask him one question :
did you know or said it will lock down on 100c or u said it will be fine ?
i am paralyzed on Parkinson disease :cry: since last year and i cant walk.

am just happy to learn it wasnt gonna fry . i dunno that much but anyway
there is scientific reason to push a good brand new chip over 100c now is there ?
just say few fair words .

i thought of not doing the bench but i was fooled by his rank i dont say he or the site is responsible i just said to have gew words with him
lie u said assuming he got the knowledge where he didnt

My few fair words... Stop worrying, it's fine.

He HAS the knowledge and nothing that was said by him was out of line. You are the one that doesn't want to run the processor above 85C when it is fine above that. As was said, modern CPUs will throttle and power down before any damage is done.

Though if you were at stock speeds and reached those temperatures, it sounds like you didn't mount the Intel cooler properly.

Last edited:
is it still running? its fine. nothing went wrong. we found an issue though. this is good.

yes spirit crusher is still running i have poor experience i was restarting that logged
thermal not knowing if its gonna boot or not .
we just dont go telling newbie people to drive their brand new hardware to tj max
and then run away with it .
the test completed fine it was the second test that attacked i tested the ram fine
at 1333 gz paging files disabled . its on 2400 the hyper beast did not work on
disabled page files but i guess he dosnt have a 2400 hz ram either :screwy:

Your frustration is sorely misplaced prescient...What needs to happen here is your knowledge level needs to grow (we will keep helping!) but the accusations of misinformation need to stop. Perhaps more hand holding and spoon feeding was needed here, but by no means was what he said out of line.

Also, ram speed has nothing to do with being able to disable your pagefile.

Let's move on please... :)

Last edited:
we just dont go telling newbie people to drive their brand new hardware to tj max and then run away with it .

I think generally if someone is here to overclock we assume they have some knowledge that they may not yet have.

I suppose this was a learning experience.

look i did not oc ok? and i know the cpu wont die . i mean any heat sink fan can
suddenly stop . and the cpu will just shot down ok? i had an E8500 on stock fan ocied
to 4 ghz ON stock fan and i did hit tj max more than once with the cpu closing down .
i did expect thing might go wrong , i am in charge here . i even monitored the test was
at 85c i didnt like it but i was ready to shot down at 90c but closing in the first test
made the temp rise suddenly at the start of the 2d test .
frustration is a new part of my disease package. it just comes natural .
i was here at 2010 i did not have it with me . so accept me or reject me .
lets go technical here ok ?

and i dont like the idea of using prime 95 on stock fan as i still didnt
install a water cooler .

Prime95 will be fine on a stock cooler at stock speeds.

is that true ? i dont call that fine i call it damage and taking risks ok?

i dont want to attack him but he did not know , now he knows testing on my chip .
and the ram worked on 1333 hz with paging disabled and did not on 2400 hz i tested
that few times my ram is very stable

* ANY heatsink can just up and die...

While I am empathetic to your (Parkinson's) situation, CONTINUING to accuse people of wrong doing when nothing was done wrong in the first place (we reiterated he did nothing wrong) is where things get frustrating on the staff's side of the house.

Now, let's get technical... :)

Prime95 should be fine on stock speeds with the stock cooler, yes. There are many variables that come in to play however... ambient temperatures, case airflow, but especially mounting the Intel cooler properly. The last item is HUGE in fact because the Intel cooler is not easy to get on properly. Often times all four 'legs' are not secured properly and temps can skyrocket... especially during a stress test like Prime 95. I would double check the stock cooler is mounted properly. Try pressing down FIRMLY on it and see if the temps drop...

He DOES know...Again he said nothing wrong.

The ram isn't stable or something else is up. Again, ram speed has nothing to do with the size or using/not using the page file.

Let's move forward and resolve your temperature issues... please. :)

Last edited:
look i did not oc ok? and i know the cpu wont die . i mean any heat sink fan can
suddenly stop . and the cpu will just shot down ok? i had an E8500 on stock fan ocied
to 4 ghz ON stock fan and i did hit tj max more than once with the cpu closing down .
i did expect thing might go wrong , i am in charge here . i even monitored the test was
at 85c i didnt like it but i was ready to shot down at 90c but closing in the first test
made the temp rise suddenly at the start of the 2d test .
frustration is a new part of my disease package. it just comes natural .
i was here at 2010 i did not have it with me . so accept me or reject me .
lets go technical here ok ?

is that true ? i dont call that fine i call it damage and taking risks ok?

i dont want to attack him but he did not know , now he knows testing on my chip .
and the ram worked on 1333 hz with paging disabled and did not on 2400 hz i tested
that few times my ram is very stable

dude, chill out were still trying to help you. it didn't break, whining like a little baby isn't going to unbreak it because it isn't broken. now just drop it and let us help finish troubleshooting what ever issue you were having.

you're thinking of the old AMD chips that would actually burn up. Intel chips won't, they will throttle and shut down.

Old AMD chips? Do New AMD chips also throttle and then shut down like Intel ones? How long have Intel chips done this? Socket 775? That's quite interesting, hopefully not offtopic, lol.

Old AMD chips? Do New AMD chips also throttle and then shut down like Intel ones? How long have Intel chips done this? Socket 775? That's quite interesting, hopefully not offtopic, lol.
I thought new AMD chips throttle, yes. And by new I mean a few generations back.

Intel chips have done this for several generations as well. S775 did this, yes.

yes well ok . the fan monitor is not working at bios either , am not gonna start fiddling with it . i will soon get a water cooler and replace it anyway . am no way near that guy
at the shop in skill . if he did not fix it i wont . ill wait the water cooler .
i wasnt saying but the other day i hit performance in the rog mb not knowing it
will oc the hell out of the cpu lol and i had a similar night . btw what was the asus
team thinking unlocking the oc section at ez mode so that newbies can just hit
the performance bottom ? i was asking my self that question .
the cpu went to 2.8 v i was more scared than today . but the happy news
is that windows booted at 5ghz at 2.8 v humm strong chip i have ? a jewel maybe ?
then windows crashed as i ran 7zip bench . maybe with 1.3 v would be good?

the ram is ok at 2400 hz page files on auto i dunno what issues i might test ?
it passed the prime95 test anyway . i gamed with it at star citizen for hours
on high settings installed os system booting lots of times . i cant see where it may have gone wrong . ok some applications might be programed to use paging files 8.1 is new
and there is lots of issue with z87 anyway . i can just put paging on auto and ram at 2400 that is working well

Yes they do! At least the bulldozers, trinity and phenoms do. The

And if I recall correctly, I believe pentium 4 chips had throttling as well. :thup:

https://www.google.com.eg/#q=prime95+is+not+optimized+for+haswell&spell=1

i dont think prime 95 is optimized for haswell anyway . i went chatting on star citizen and its like they all knows how it works lol .. while you guy backed up that loser .
i think i need a long vacation away from here . if i was to trust ocing my cpu here .

so long dudes :rain:
You are right, you do need a vacation from here. Everyone in this thread is trying to help you out and you are being incredibly rude. I'm sorry if you are in a bad situation, but no on here was trying to harm you. I'm temporarily locking the thread. If in a few days you feel up to it, message me and show that you are more level headed and I will unlock it for you.

The latest one is...it has all the instruction sets for it... LINK - http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=16152

You are in a sad state if you are going to trust that and not us... perhaps a vacation from here is what you really need if you are going to act like this...

If you take one more pot shot at the guy(s) helping you out, I will make sure you have a vacation from here that you may not be able to return from...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back