• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my new phenom 2 920 be quad wont work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pimpanther

hi guys.need help.got a new phenom 2 920 be for my birthday..im useing an amd 4800 dual core at the mo.my mobo is an asus m3a32-mvp de lux.i installed the phenom with no hassle.when i re booted no picture .no signal came up on monitor. the graphic card fan spins then stops.hard drive and heatsink fans all run but no "beep" from the pc as it boots. tested g card in anouther pc and it works fine..put my old 4800 back in and its all ok.what can be wrong? pls help. :cry:

Both the motherboard and cpu are rated for up to 125 watts I believe, so I would try to possibly update the motherboard bios and see if that may fix it.

I didn't read that the bios was updated. The fact that the 4800+ was put back in and worked right away makes me think the bios settings were never changed.

i just updated the bios useing the asus atuo update program.a "flash" thig happened and it was to improve performance of new cpus so i hope thatrs it. can anyone tell me how to update my bios correctly pls.

Truthfully (and many guys on here will :eek: when they read this) I use the Windows update but only running 100% stock - NO OC. I've never had an issue doing this and I've run 12 different machines (all but one ASUS) over the past 3 years and never had a problem.

There should be no issue with that board running a 920 Phenom (no such thing as a 920BE) - I've been running a 940BE in mine since February using BIOS v1604 (last updated in February just before I installed the 940BE) ...

Back