• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MY new Trident Z RGB is here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Good to see you back. Also good to see you can take a bit of ribbing.. Hope you feel better with your surgeries :thup:

Enjoy your beast! The only one it serves is you, and as long as it does what is told that's all that matters!

Whew... when you said you couldnt access the site, thought I had accidentally banned you or something. :rofl:.

I just got home and havent touched anything admin (edit: confirmed nobody else did either). You weren't banned at all yesterday or today.

I thought I was I got a PM saying 25 points are now gone and I was not to post till I chilled out lol.

That was a warning, not a ban. You could have posted at any time when you logged in. Apologies if my message was not clear in the PM...Anyway, you found your way back.. cool. :)

If you have any questions, PM me. We can discuss privately.

Last edited:
Don't worry too much about it Trickson. I accumulated a few points in my day too and they eventually smurfed me. Lol

Not sure if you saw my post or not but you got me by 1 measly point. I wanted to keep running it but after too many BSODs on my main rig I decided I had abused it enough for one day.

Next up, Trickson secretly buys twin threadripper setup...

"Hey Scotty, care for a rematch?" :D

Shortly after, Scotty wins again using something else that mortals do not think will win.

"Pro's versus Joe's" comes to mind. :rofl:

(note, I'm also a Joe at this point... my skillz have eroded over the past few years of not doing much benching.... though not sure at my peak I was ever a pro).

Shortly after, Scotty wins again using something else that mortals do not think will win.

"Pro's versus Joe's" comes to mind. :rofl:

(note, I'm also a Joe at this point... my skillz have eroded over the past few years of not doing much benching.... though not sure at my peak I was ever a pro).
If Scotty would of said in the beginning he has a 10 year old x58 XEON 6c/12t dual processor:sly: I would of not popped the popcorn for the show.

If Scotty would of said in the beginning he has a 10 year old x58 XEON 6c/12t dual processor:sly: I would of not popped the popcorn for the show.
Nobody would have... that was the point. It was pretty much a sucker's bet from the get go (from those that are in the benchmarking know). I wasn't exactly sure what he had, but suggested a couple of plausible ways to do so, along with a couple of other seasoned benching veterans.... and it was passionately denied it could happen (I would bet even if that was mentioned the OP still would have doubled down anyway)... and here we are. ;)

Only those who are deep into the benching game had an idea of how it could be accomplished. I think a couple of us mentioned a couple of different ways earlier in the thread.

EDIT: It all started with this...
Trickson said:
I don't see a CPU from Intel that cost $140.00 Bucks doing what this one is.
Mr. Scott said:
Lol.
That can't beat my 10 year old Intel rig.
2 for $40 (or $75 when he paid for them) did it. :)

Now, no single GPU does that, of course, but, this is why details matter. Blanket statements FTW or FTL... depending on what side you are on here.

Last edited:
I thought he was going to take on trickson with his i7 930. Didnt know he has 12t/24c dual system:D

Nobody knows how much gear Scotty has. That includes Scotty! LMAO. I do miss the Classic Platform days. Good folks that I rarely get to chat with anymore.

I thought he was going to take on trickson with his i7 930. Didnt know he has 12t/24c dual system:D

OMG So wait I went up against a Dual CPU SYSTEM??? WHAT WHAT WHAT!!! So wow yeah That makes me feel a lot better, I thought it was a single CPU setup lol OMG it too that to......

Nobody knows how much gear Scotty has. That includes Scotty! LMAO. I do miss the Classic Platform days. Good folks that I rarely get to chat with anymore.
Most of CP is at W9 buddy. You can drop in any time you like. :)
http://warp9-systems.proboards.com/

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

OMG So wait I went up against a Dual CPU SYSTEM??? WHAT WHAT WHAT!!! So wow yeah That makes me feel a lot better, I thought it was a single CPU setup lol OMG it too that to......

Dude.........I posted a rig pic for god's sake.

Thanks. I have set up a profile there but haven't posted in a while. Probably because I haven't been benching for a year or more. I know you guys do more than that.

Meh, I need to just pop in every now and again instead of making excuses. Lol

There is plenty of stuff there other than benching that might interest you. Little bigger now after a couple of years.

Back