• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My OC record with Amd Fx 8120

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hmm weird i could sign an oath with my name on it that my LLC increases voltage if needed :/ like if i set voltage at 1,38 it reaches 1,41 as it is atm when gaming :) like its trying to kill vdrop

and another thing atm my LLC is on Auto and it has always been the last month or so since it seemed to be best at stabilizing clocks i got the options ( auto - regular - medium - high - Extreme )

hmm weird i could sign an oath with my name on it that my LLC increases voltage if needed :/ like if i set voltage at 1,38 it reaches 1,41 as it is atm when gaming :) like its trying to kill vdrop

and another thing atm my LLC is on Auto and it has always been the last month or so since it seemed to be best at stabilizing clocks i got the options ( auto - regular - medium - high - Extreme )

It might only work like this on new Asus AM3+ boards.

Btw, author of x264 FHD Benchmark said this about why it's reporting 4C-8T.
in fact AMD FX cpus have more in common with 4 cores than with 8 cores. It is just a 4 core with duplicated integer units.

yeha ive heard some brainies saying its a 4c... well it isnt.. it has 8physical cores but it only have 4 modules to control em.. you can see that in bios that it links 2 cores together per module :) so in any way you look at it its a 8c 8t but with only 4 modules (this is on AMD own site) and tbh intel does the same trick.. why would AMD else say "We made the first 8core" if it was really a 4core? xD "its intel propaganda imo lol" :D

oh and on the cpu list of 264x FHD there is a "8120 8c 8t" so thats a lame statement from the creator lol :D

yeha ive heard some brainies saying its a 4c... well it isnt.. it has 8physical cores but it only have 4 modules to control em.. you can see that in bios that it links 2 cores together per module :) so in any way you look at it its a 8c 8t but with only 4 modules (this is on AMD own site) and tbh intel does the same trick.. why would AMD else say "We made the first 8core" if it was really a 4core? xD "its intel propaganda imo lol" :D

oh and on the cpu list of 264x FHD there is a "8120 8c 8t" so thats a lame statement from the creator lol :D

That's exactly what it is, 8 independent Cores in 4 modules.

im just wondering how can Benchmark creators confuse them selfs so they think 4 modules = 4cores.. i thought they where some of the "elites" :)

The software is probably reading the threads + modules, giving it 4 modules
+ 8 threads, which on an Intel HT is right.

The software just isn't codded to read the architecture properly, AMD did send out instructions on how to best utilize there BD Chips.

Very few will actually take any notice.

well tells me more about those software dummies than it tells me about AMD atleast AMD got their **** straight :D

but i see tests like 3Dmark11 actually says 8core physical and so does Dxdiag in windows :p we just need windows to man up and produce some more patches for 8core utlize! :p

True, but when they say it's more like a 4 core then it's fair to compare my bulldozer to i7-2600k when it can't keep up :D

True, but when they say it's more like a 4 core then it's fair to compare my bulldozer to i7-2600k when it can't keep up :D

Some times it can't, other times it can, have another look at the benchmarks in this thread and see where it relates to the 2600K ;)

It just depends on what you want the chip to do.

The FX8120 do lack a bit of Physics score but imo its run very well and better than compared models in other scores however physics will blow out of the scale when overclocked which makes me more than happy! :p , and hopefuly soon we can use PhysX from Nvidia for some serious purposes :p

Last edited:
Back