• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My OC record with Amd Fx 8120

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
meanwhile in America lol, and its off btw.. i got like 0.10 better score in cinemagic lol

forget win 8. I run my numbers crunching programs in linux, talk about rocking!!!!!

btw i looked into the 8core.. (4core showing) its a fault in some programs since there is are 4 controller modules for the 8cores and 8 threads.. kinda sad they made programs not capeable on determeting right or wrong but it makes me happier to know amd didnt rape my wallet lol

go to distro watch and find one with a kernal number over 3.0 and watch your numbers then.
they tend to treat an 8 core as an 8 core and not dual threaded quadcore like windows.

if ur suggesting Linux (you said kernal) then im not listning :D

but according to Amd is its a 4 modular cpu with 2cores per Module as shown in Bios

yes L_I_N_U_X.
correct that is how the cpu is assembled but, windows treats it like a 4 core with 2 threads.
and if you will kill the throttling your benchmark scores will increase.

I use Ubuntu from time to time, my Phenom x6 is monstrously fast in that.

I think Windows support for AMD CPU's is pretty abysmal in and case.

tbh when i tried the windows 8 tho being annoying with metro it was a nasty fast OS im talking about 8sec startup with a 5200rpm HDD .. i was blown away but at that time many bugs where screwing the fun time with it..

I might know what the problem is. There has been alot of issues with FX trottling on 990XA-UD3 and other Gigabyte 9XX boards. They have released a BIOS update for this last year. It adds AMD APM Master Mode in BIOS, disable it and it might fix the throttling issue.

Last edited:
I might know what the problem is. There has been alot of issues with FX trottling on 990XA-UD3 and other Gigabyte 9XX boards. They have released a BIOS update for this last year. It adds AMD APM Master Mode in BIOS, disable it and it might fix the throttling issue.

Actually i just notiched APM in my bios after update :) ill try it and hope like hell! :D

Joni if you werent a guy i would kidnap you to a holiday place! just godt full power at my cpu tho its still know as a 4c 8t however nice new score in Cinebench :D!
Cinebench.png
FHD 264x 4,4ghz.png

Last edited:
Back