• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My OC record with Amd Fx 8120

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
and as far as ive seen there isnt really a solution to find on Google :p,

but i tried Cinebench meanwhile
Cinebench.png

Last edited:
I have a similar issue, but in a number crunching program i run.
at 4.2ghz it runs and completes the program about two hours sooner than it will at 4.5ghz, and the higher the clock from there the longer it takes to complete.
none of the monitors i use see it throttling.

ive just tried some different clocks and Cinebench shows the difference very clearly but no "real" change in FHD 264x

You should get around 7.20 on Cinebench at 4.4 GHz.

I have no idea what could cause this, maybe it's possible that something could be broken.

This is what I would do.

1. Update BIOS if available
2. Load BIOS defaults, set multiplier and voltage + memory leave others as is.
3. Clean Windows install
4. Install Windows updates and those two AMD related patches + graphic and chipset drivers, especially if I have not done a clean install after changing motherboard or CPU OR if resently installed Windows, check task manager that there isnt any funky applications.

Oh, on Windows task manager -> performance tab, does it show all 8 cores there and all of those have full load when running prime?

I assume you don't watch Blu-ray, have utorrent downloading next one and doing a full virus scan while benching? :D

All the things you listed is what i do when installing fresh :) however no im not running funnt things xD.. ive thouhgt about if it was my.motherboard but its still quite decent to what i see :)

Throttle cpu.png this is something i notiched when priming.. however the load bars keeps at 100% and it switches between cores +i havent found a way to stop it unless firing the K&Q

yeah i know they change speeds from core to core like theyr using half module for sleepy mode.. but if i turn Kool and Quiet off they all go topspeed 24-7 but there is no difference in performance..

ahh okay, about those C6 and ce16 or whatever it is.. should that be thrown to hell aswell? :p

i found out i got the F10 bios on my mobo so it should be good :)

ahh forgot to tell turbo core is banned xD hate it doest work like Intels turbo thingy anyway :p but atm ive seen SMALL improvement :/

now i think about cars again caddi.. BAD!

(Diesel smoke jokes <3) "do you smoke? "Blackcloud of no grandchildren" :D

Back