• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My OC record with Amd Fx 8120

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it almost provoked an erection looking at your scores with the 8120 how you got there is a mysteri for me and with the extreme low voltages aswell! WTF! im jalous... the cooling i believe is a custom loop for cpu only? and what motherboard makes use of such little voltages! :D

i myself hit a bump now that my radiator is too little for my whole system so still waiting for more parts till i can keep cranking my little beast :D

here is a shot from our glorious leader of the forums here with his fx-8120. He wont want to brag
http://hwbot.org/submission/2225833_i.m.o.g._cpu_frequency_fx_8120_8235.25_mhz
also note that these are bench runs and not nearly stable at these clocks

the only sad part about this is that we all can do it.. just shut all cores down besides number 1 and crank it like hell AMD did it and most of us facepalmed :/ it has to run on all cores before its gets my "Sign of Approval" ! ;)

i know i cant, I cant afford a LN2 rig. a guy in atlanta and i ran this on with what these guys call dice,(dry ice) and the best we could get to on 2 cores was just under 6.3.
niether of us have been at this very long so we have no idea why we got stuck there on his full custom rig. the rig is really exotic.

ok here is a screenshot of my fx8120 overclocked to 4.8Ghz with core temp showing all 8 core @ 4847.97Mhz x264fhd pass and hwm
newpicture17q.png

By thetazs at 2012-05-05

im looking at your time on FHD, how did you make it able to decrease the time? cuz mine is stuck at same encoding time nomatter what i seem to do :/

however is it just me or does FHD say " 4,2ghz " ?? ;)

im looking at your time on FHD, how did you make it able to decrease the time? cuz mine is stuck at same encoding time nomatter what i seem to do :/
QUOTE]

Your time is over 2 sec at 4.9 GHz, you should be getting alot more. I get 1.50 at 4.2 GHz and 1.42 at 4.5 GHz.

Are you sure it's not dropping cores at that high overclock? Try something like 4.6 GHz to see what kind of result you get.

Here is mine at 4.21 GHz. I use this 24/7 as it's such a low voltage and going further just increases the heat but doesn't really give that much gain in performance.

4.2.png

even with 4,4ghz i get little over 2mins.. looked in my bios but nothing suspicious is on.. any ideas?

even with 4,4ghz i get little over 2mins.. looked in my bios but nothing suspicious is on.. any ideas?

Can you take a screen shot of CPU-Z while your benching FHD, preferably there where you think its slow.

well i dont think there is a certain time its slow.. but i know it keeps throttling 4max at a time but even if i turn Cool&Quiet off so it doesnt throttle its no chance :)

well i dont think there is a certain time its slow.. but i know it keeps throttling 4max at a time but even if i turn Cool&Quiet off so it doesnt throttle its no chance :)

4max?

The CPU has built in overheat protection, even with C&Q off it will still throttle back if its getting to hot.

You need to watch your temps, if the cores go over 55c the chances are it will throttle no matter what your BIOS settings are, you (might) see that happening in CPU-Z. Whatch the multiplier as your benching if it climbs down its throttling.

im only clocking via my Multiplier.. the Thermal protection is turned off with C&Q off it stays the same but due to i want the chip to live im not leaving it without :p however my temps are normally under 40* with my new setup, and that is with heavy gaming so that all my components are heating the loop.. however alone its very low! :) so i believe its a stupid thingy in Bios or like that is on which kills performance.. on the other side im not "loosing" points in other benchmarks..

another thing, is it needed to clock the NB? :)

What is your FHD FPS? @ 4Ghz you should be getting about 21.

Can you post the bench here?

On the CPU-NB, that's part of the memory controller, if you overclock that your memory performance will improve.

* the first blue line under the pink one*

Attachments

• user124964_pic1994_1326308818.png
    user124964_pic1994_1326308818.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Fhd.jpg

its damn low with no reason, tho the Fps seems very low aswell..

in the bars i get around 18,6 :/

That is very slow, and your reading 4C / 8T, that's wrong it should be 8C / 8T.

Have you got all the windows updates installed?

Back